What's new

hdtv help? (1 Viewer)

Mike Kemp

Auditioning
I bought the hdtv kit and hooked it up to my samsung 53" hdtv and the screen

shows up offcenter and blurry. I tried all three display setting(480p...etc)

no help any ideas?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tony F

Auditioning
What display options are available on your TV?

Does your THDTV box have more than one output? Many HDTV boxes have a second output, sucha s a SVGA-style (computer monitor) type of output that must be hooked up to your TV.

High def output is usually 1080i format, sometimes 720p.

T Fred

Mike Kemp

Auditioning
My Tv only has a dtv button you push it on the remote and it switches to 1080i or 480p depending on the incoming signal. no other options

Tony F

Auditioning
Sounds easy - wonder what's wrong...

Again, what does the DSS manual say as to HD output?

Is it a component video or RGBHV video (which is usually computer monitor-style) output?

What model is your DSS box?

T Fred

Mike Kemp

Auditioning
I don't have DSS I just have a hd ready tv. and the tv inputs are component inputs. the trouble i'm having is with my x-box working in high def

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Have you ever run a 480p signal into your set before?

Could be that your set needs a little Geometry work. If you have a way, test your set using another 480p source and see if the problem is still there. If not, try exchanging systems or HD packs. It should be right down the middle.

I have found the X-box to be great in this respect, unlike my PS2 which always windowboxes and puts the image off center. I have my set's geometry tweeked so that the overscan is at 3% all around, and the X-Box still fills the entire frame. So assuming that your geometry is correct on your set, there is no reason that your X-Box image should be off-center unless there is something wrong with your unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks