1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

hdtv help?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Kemp, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Mike Kemp

Mike Kemp Auditioning

I bought the hdtv kit and hooked it up to my samsung 53" hdtv and the screen

shows up offcenter and blurry. I tried all three display setting(480p...etc)

no help any ideas?

2. Tony F

Tony F Auditioning

What display options are available on your TV?

Does your THDTV box have more than one output? Many HDTV boxes have a second output, sucha s a SVGA-style (computer monitor) type of output that must be hooked up to your TV.

High def output is usually 1080i format, sometimes 720p.

T Fred

3. Mike Kemp

Mike Kemp Auditioning

My Tv only has a dtv button you push it on the remote and it switches to 1080i or 480p depending on the incoming signal. no other options

4. Tony F

Tony F Auditioning

Sounds easy - wonder what's wrong...

Again, what does the DSS manual say as to HD output?

Is it a component video or RGBHV video (which is usually computer monitor-style) output?

What model is your DSS box?

T Fred

5. Mike Kemp

Mike Kemp Auditioning

I don't have DSS I just have a hd ready tv. and the tv inputs are component inputs. the trouble i'm having is with my x-box working in high def

6. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

Have you ever run a 480p signal into your set before?

Could be that your set needs a little Geometry work. If you have a way, test your set using another 480p source and see if the problem is still there. If not, try exchanging systems or HD packs. It should be right down the middle.

I have found the X-box to be great in this respect, unlike my PS2 which always windowboxes and puts the image off center. I have my set's geometry tweeked so that the overscan is at 3% all around, and the X-Box still fills the entire frame. So assuming that your geometry is correct on your set, there is no reason that your X-Box image should be off-center unless there is something wrong with your unit.