What's new

HDMI hookup question (1 Viewer)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
If and when I get a reciever that accepts HDMI I will hook up my Sat. and DVD player throught that. That means I have to poiwer on the reciever every time I want to watch tv?

Peter f

Stunt Coordinator
Hello

Yes, that is correct...if you run the HDMI through the AVR, you will need to power up and listen through the AVR.

What I did was run the HDMI (from box, hd-dvd etc..) to the reciever then also run compnent cables direct from my HD-TIVO 3 to the TV on a different input for "everyday viewing" when the AVR is not needed (late night etc..)

so just run your HDMI out the the AVR, then the AVR HDMI out to the display, then run component to the display (along with rca l &r audio) to listen from the TV speakers. only thing is you will have to chage inputs but thats not really a big deal

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

Doing it that way I won't be taking advantage of the 1080 on the SXRD60XBR2 though right?

I think I'm going to run my DVD through the reciever and run the Sat. directly to the T.V. and use the optical on the Sat. box to the reciever. Does that sound like it would work? This way every day watching is with the TV speakers but when there is a game or something I can use the surround. DVD's I always watch with the surround anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks