What's new

HD Tivo recorder at CES, any news? (1 Viewer)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I heard that Tivo was to announce a new model at CES that was capable of recording HD material and I was wondering if anyone has any news about it? I saw the press release at the Tivo website but that was about all. Were there any working demos or models shown? Any news on cost or availability? If there is one new product I am really looking forward to this year, this would definitely be it.

Chris S.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Chris
From what I read over here: TiVo Community Forums
There were indeed mock-up models displayed - but they didn't really include/consist of the real deal stuff that will be on the new HD Tivos.
Availability: Look for them just before Christmas of 2003 - but this is only an early estimate and it will be tough to actually hit this date most likely.
Cost: Nobody really knows...but I'm guessing ~$700.00+ for the first few models anyway, maybe cheaper after that.
If you have not checked out the link above - do so - it is pretty much "The Bible" of all websites for TiVo users...
I'll be buying one as soon as they are released, as long as I can afford one that is :)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks for the link Michael. If anyone is interested there are some pics from CES at this link. They look to be really cool!
As for the new optional upgrade... I could probably live without it. $150 is a lot to spend for the few features that I would personally use. It's definitely a hot topic on the other forum (although they may be a little biased).
Also after reading some of the posts on the Tivo Forum it really makes me appreciate how great we have it here. This is not to say that the Tivo Forum or it's users are bad, it's just that everyone here is just a little more civilized toward one another. Or maybe I was just reading too many of the hot topics :).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks