What's new

CES 2023 (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Sorry I have not posted any information or videos! I have many great videos and a lot of excellent technical information on the enhancements for 2023.

I'm so heavily booked for my entire time in Las Vegas. I'll put out as much as possible while I'm here and much more when I get home with more time and better Internet bandwidth for the large videos.

Look forward to another great year for digital video display technology advancements!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anything on new DILA projectors from JVC? Maybe prices would start coming down from the stratosphere on last year's models. I would like to get a new projector while they still have 3D support. I just don't want to have to take out a mortgage on a projector. :laugh:

The problem is DILA based projectors are the ones that impress me the most.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Last edited:

YANG

Screenwriter
what i meant was, irregardless of display pixel technology, the limitation in size developments key culprit, goes to panel cutting.
anything that may, bigger than 75inch, will have to be modular... under the glass layer that we are touching.

YANG

Screenwriter
5K and 6K monitors from Dell too!
5K/6K? in home theater environment, wouldn't it be nice if that comes in panoramic aspect ratio? aka 21:9?

the last commercially available 21:9 display that comes with TV function was from LG that was introduced in 2014. and it was a curved in display.
螢幕擷取畫面 (166).png

...then, due to low demand, 21:9 TV from LG ends up discontinued.

HiSense shows to the world a prototype 5yrs later in 2019, screen straightened up.

but it didn't come into reality, as there wasn't any news of commercial launch of such TV.

3yrs later... few months ago, HKC, one of the 3 largest panel maker in China jumps in and made a 21:9 107inch display with TV function.
螢幕擷取畫面 (165).png

with the growing popularity of Ultra-Wide Displays due to gaming, i'm anticipating the realization of straightened 21:9 displays with TV function in months to come!

Cinematic experience should be PANORAMIC!
not I-MAX!!!​

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
5K/6K? in home theater environment, wouldn't it be nice if that comes in panoramic aspect ratio? aka 21:9?

the last commercially available 21:9 display that comes with TV function was from LG that was introduced in 2014. and it was a curved in display.
View attachment 170646
...then, due to low demand, 21:9 TV from LG ends up discontinued.

HiSense shows to the world a prototype 5yrs later in 2019, screen straightened up.

but it didn't come into reality, as there wasn't any news of commercial launch of such TV.

3yrs later... few months ago, HKC, one of the 3 largest panel maker in China jumps in and made a 21:9 107inch display with TV function.
View attachment 170647
with the growing popularity of Ultra-Wide Displays due to gaming, i'm anticipating the realization of straightened 21:9 displays with TV function in months to come!

Cinematic experience should be PANORAMIC!
not I-MAX!!!​

These are 27” to 30” desktop computer monitors.

Baenwort

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cee
Any written summaries of these videos?

Or just highlights so I can pick the one that is worth my time?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks