What's new

HD-A1 Freeze ups and HDMI Errors (1 Viewer)

craigThomp

Auditioning
Real Name
Craig
Has anyone else been experiencing freeze ups? I have the HD-A1 with firmware version 2.0 hooked up via HDMI cable to Denon AVR3806. Once in a while the picture will freeze-up and the only way to correct this is eject the disk or power down the unit. This is somewhat annoying in that you have to power back up, go to main menu, scene select and replay and pray! Don't get me wrong, I love the video and audio quality of the player, and am willing to live with this, but thought I would ask for input. Now if we can just get boot up time and resume fixed, all would be good! PS, I really hate the remote

Lee Harvey

Auditioning
My unit did the same thing once last week. I had to unplug it from the power to get it to reset and run again. I thought it was related to my TV not being on the right input for it and it timed out looking for a HDMI connection.

ColePyck

Auditioning
Real Name
Cole
mine does the same thing, havent been able to watch a full HD Movie yet! Just got it yesterday though, going to be ordering latest FW Monday

Sabu-Agu

Agent
Real Name
Franklin
I used to get HDMI error on the display prior to the firmware upgrade. Now I don't get them but I have no picture/image through HDMI :frowning:
Getting frustrated here :angry:

Kevin. W

Screenwriter

Try hooking the player straight to your tv and run 5.1 analog for audio to your receiver. If it works its the receiver having issues passing the signal. Or have you tried using a different HDMI cable? Make sure you clean your disks before playing them.

suckerforHD

Agent
Real Name
Kent Hall
Mine foze up 3 times while playing a CD!!! Everytime i would try to stop and eject, it would completely freeze.....frustrating!!!

Pete T C

Second Unit
If you continue to get frequent freeze-ups, you need to send the player to Toshiba for repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks