What's new

Have you heard of these? (1 Viewer)

Elinor

Supporting Actor
I auditioned their floorstanders (don't remember the model) a few years ago.

I thought they were an excellent speaker, but they just didn't "do it" for me. Mind you, I felt the same way about a LOT of other fantastic speakers: Thiel, Vandersteens, Sonus Fabers, Dunlavy Audios.

It could have just been the audition circumstances: the room, the source player, the pre/pro.

I couldn't find anything /bad/ about them ... I just couldn't find anything outstanding about them either.

Still, have a listen. THey just might "do it" for you. :)

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Elinor. I am going to audition PSB's tomorrow and the dealer recommended these as well. I will see when I get there.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
JM Labs is very well respected and a huge company. They make everything from cheap bookshelf speakers to ultra-mega hi-end ones ($250,000 5.1 systems)

They are French, so they hate freedom, but love good sound! :D

Rokzi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rodel
Heard them tonight at a local dealer. They image well. I'm somewhat surprised at how much bass the floor standers were able to produce with them being so 'slender' compare to other floorstanders. I don't know the specs though and I will be checking their web site later for more info.

Despite them not sounding 'thin' (the sats sounded somewhat thin compared to the floorstanders but that's understandable), they also sound a bit bright to me.

I'm with Elinor--I think they're excellent, but just not my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks