What's new

Has Blu-ray.com forum been hacked? (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Same here - and I use this link:

1618846434379.png

The "Shop Amazon" one on the "Shop" drop down at the top of every page. It takes you directly to Amazon and is always there and works whether or not an adblocker is being finicky.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
View attachment 94946 I personally have always kind of viewed that site as, a younger companion to HTF , information is there, discussions are there and they have their own groups, much as we do, although sometimes it does seem a little cliquey in some of the threads. Hey they probably view us the exact same way. Seems to be a younger crowd, along with members here that do both sites, but man knowledgeable people are always interesting. Their forum is different and the topics are different. but the do cover some that are not as in vogue on this site, lots of Vinegar Syndrome and Grindhouse style films are discussed. Also they do have a their own insiders with dedicated threads to Steve Stanchfield's Thundrebean Animation, and Tommy José Stathes' Cartoons on Film, Vinegar Syndrome and a few others that are great at discussing future releases and ideas.

If that helps to get one obscure title to get a proper release, i hope that they get there OS issue fixed and back up and running, Godspeed, and helps those that utilize it for collecting databases.

by the way, when I clicked, I didn't get some dating site, and now I oddly feel rejected by a redirect ;)

There are cliques like on any message board and some of the discussion trends downward but anything that gets out of hand is quickly quashed by mods just like on HTF. People get banned or suspended all the time on the other site - something I don't see happen here at all.

I did notice this forum does not have dedicated threads for some of the boutique labels, which I always found odd. I guess not enough people here are interested in exploitation/genre films. My main interest is in exploitation so I can't wait for BR.com to go back up. I miss the camaraderie of discussion there.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I did notice this forum does not have dedicated threads for some of the boutique labels, which I always found odd. I guess not enough people here are interested in exploitation/genre films. My main interest is in exploitation so I can't wait for BR.com to go back up. I miss the camaraderie of discussion there.

some of us do, although that number is kind of limited here, and that is why both sites work,

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I didn't even know Bluray.com had a Facebook page until this, but latest update. Sounds like it may still be a few more days.

Update 2021-04-21:
Server back online, but not site yet. Server is being configured.

Update 2021-04-22:
Most things configured. Figuring out what to do with old vBulletin and compability.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Update 2021-04-21:
Server back online, but not site yet. Server is being configured.

Update 2021-04-22:
Most things configured. Figuring out what to do with old vBulletin and compability.

Update 2021-04-23:
Site setup very close to being finalized (with vBulletin support). Site estimated to go online on Sunday.

Update 2021-04-24:
Apologies for the redirect to Communities.com (that many got) due to an incorrect SSL certificate (we've been too busy to fix this properly until now). Basically everything has needed upgrading and compatibility fixing: OS, kernel, modules, specific hardware, php, nginx, mysql, vBulletin. When all is fixed and site back online we will setup a proper powerful mirror so the site can be switched over immediately without downtime like this. This is by far the longest downtime we've had since the site went online 2003 and not ok :(

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Figured I'd pull up this old thread and see if anyone else is having issues.

I've had an awful time accessing Bluray.com today -- extremely sluggish, lots of 404 and 504 errors/time-outs, and when i can get online I haven't been able to get a post to submit (now 3 messages have disappeared). I can't find any complaints on the Website Outage sites and I don't seem to having issue with other websites, just the one site.

Weird thing is I can read the forum mostly OK IF I'm signed out though it's much slower than normal, but as soon as I sign in the issues start again. I can see other people posting so certainly not everyone seems affected and no complaints in the Feedback section though it's possible the people like me who are having trouble can't even post a question there.

I've cleared my browser cache/cookie, tried 4 different browsers (+ FF Private and Chr Incognito) plus the mobile website via Wi-Fi and Data just to make sure. Same issue on all fronts so I think that mostly eliminates my Antivirus, AdBlock or UBlock Origin, Wired adn Wireless parts through my Router and even my general ISP. No reason or warning that I've been banned, suspended, limited by the administration.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Seems much better this morning so whatever was going on for them (or on my end) seems to have fixed itself. Hopefully just some sort of behind the scenes maintenance, but still not sure why it didn't seem to affect everyone (or maybe anyone else).

I could even understand if my ISP was having a bad day, but no other website seemed affected at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks