Has anyone heard of "Mrs. Parker & the Vicious Circle" being released?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Gary Cliff, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Gary Cliff

Gary Cliff Stunt Coordinator

I was just browsing at DVDSoon.com and saw that they had it listed for $11.98 (CAD) with a release date of July 19, 2005. I was surprised to see it because I hadn't heard anything about its being released, and I checked with a few major etailers and they don't have it listed. Does anyone have any info on this?

2. jim om

jim om Auditioning

I've always been a big fan of Alan Rudolph's work, and it's a shame his best movies aren't available as Criterion titles because most of them get below-standard dvd releases, if they get released to dvd at all. For example, MGM botched up the companion piece to "Mrs. Parker" -"The Moderns", by NOT including English subtitles when the characters speak French, which they do a lot since the story takes place in Paris in the 20's. (Thanks again, MGM/Sony - keep those botched discs coming and I'll keep going back to my lasers!)
    "Mrs. Parker" is a worthy title for release on dvd (far worthier than a lot of the junk that gets deluxe treatments these days). Jennifer Jason Leigh's performance is worth buying the movie/dvd alone.
    So, I, too hope that maybe someone from New Line/Fine Line Features will see these posts and work on getting this title out on dvd.