What's new

Has anyone heard of a recall for Lilo & Stitch? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I was in a store purchasing a second copy of L&S as a gift for someone this season. I got my copy on street date, but we haven't had a chance to watch it yet.
In line in front of me was a small group of people, and as I set my pile on the counter to await my turn, one of the group ahead of me pointed to my L&S and started telling the others about how "they called us all together on the distrubution floor and told us about this recall for Lilo & Stitch".
Now, here in Memphis is the distrubution center for The Disney Store. Also, the one for ToysRUs. And others I can think of.
So I leaned forward and asked if I could be told more about this recall. The person got nervous, either because I should not have heard this or because they were scared the store employee would get upset if I decided not to buy the item. The only reply I got was that any copies on the shelf right now "ought to be okay".
"Is there a defect? Or did someone find improper material on the release? Or something legal?"
"Don't worry about it; I'm sure you're fine if you're buying it today."
"Well, this is a second copy I'm getting, and just as a gift for someone. My copy was bought on the day it came out, and we're waiting to watch it. Are there any surprises waiting for me in it?"
"I'm sure you're okay." With that, the person clammed up, paid for their stuff, and quickly left.
I went ahead and bought the L&S, but I'm being careful not to open my copy or wrap the gift copy until I hear something more about this. Does anyone here have a clue? I'll call 800-72-DISNEY on Monday (they aren't open today). My local branch of The Disney Store doesn't know anything about it, either.
Has anyone heard anything about this? :eek:

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Max

Auditioning
From what I know at dvdfile.com it's not that they're recalling because of defects; it's that they're recalling because of the 2-Disc special editions.
Disney is highly considering, if not already certain, that it will stop making and 2-disc special editions with loads of special features.
Reason Being: Over at the dvdfile forum I read that only 8% of people who want the film want it for the special features. The other 92% only want it for the movie. This is because the majority of people who will want it are children and children don't care about how the movie was made most of the time.
I don't know if its a 2-disc or not but here's the link to the thread:
http://www.dvdfile.com/interactive/f...threadid=25835
-Max

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No, this has nothing to do with a 2-disc version, as they were never produced. All L&S releases are 1-disc versions.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I watched the disc last night and did not see any glitches, Maybe it's some legal issue over a half second of supplements or something silly like that. The stores I went to tosay had tons of the disc on display with seemingly no signs of a recall.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
We watched our copy of L&S last week plus several of the supplements all the way through. I didn't notice any problems at all.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Hi David, I think a recall of Lilo and Stitch is unlikely - I've seen no postings on the web about playback problems with the disc, and looking at the content of the disc I find it unlikely there is uncleared footage or other legal issues.

I suppose the thing to do is wait until Monday night, because if the disc was to be recalled so soon before Christmas, I expect the news would find its way to a DVD website quickly.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I watched LILO AND STITCH last evening. The DVD was completely glitch free, both film and supplements. If there is a recall, it must be a legal issue of some kind.

John Leaning

Agent
Maybe it's being recalled because it DOESN'T have any glitches :) They wouldn't want to break their incredible record of recent times.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, we decided to bite the bullet and just watch the darn thing.

No problems here whatsoever. And an incredibly enjoyable film to boot! I just dunno WHAT this person was talking about!

I'll still call Disney on Monday, time permitting. Thanks for the info, everyone! I'll let you know what they say.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Arnie said:
I read something about a scene with a child in a clothes dryer.
Well, there IS a scene with Lilo hiding in the clothes dryer for a couple of seconds. She's avoiding her sister, Nani.
It didn't bother us in the least (I hid in the dryer a couple of times when I was a kid, none the worse for wear!), but I suppose that could be the reason behind a supposed recall. Stranger/stupider things have happened. :frowning:
EDIT: Strange, my post got in place before Arnie's post! :eek: Bizarre...

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I read something about a scene with a child in a clothes dryer. Maybe they don't want some children getting a bad idea. I think it was edited out in England?

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
EDIT: Strange, my post got in place before Arnie's post! Bizarre...
David, there are definitely some strange doings on the forum this morning. I had the same thing happen to me in a post in the "Edge Enhancement" thread. My name still shows as the last posted but somebody else's post is actually in there after mine.

Also, the time shown on the forum is off by one hour for me today. And for awhile I couldn't post because it kept telling me the administrator has limited posts to one per 30 seconds -- I got this message for nearly an hour.

Ghosts in the machine.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
I have heard that the Candaian DVD had some problems with the second layer being unplayable on some players. Not heard anything problematic about the version sold in the US and my copy plays fine.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
glenn tha happened to me today also.

and it may be true that the dryer scene was taken out in uk versions because i thought someone else posted this in another forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks