What's new

Harrison Ford: New Indy Script Almost Finished (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
He related that info on one of the show biz daily shows. Sorry don't remember which one. Filming to start in summer of 2004.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
So this will probably be a Summer 2005 release? Indy vs. Star Wars! Woo-hoo! We'll get an answer to our age old question, would Han kick Indy's ass? :D

Seriously, I'll get my money's worth out of the Indy DVDs to be released this year, and won't mind repurchasing (or whatever they have in mind) in later '05 or early '06 when the tetralogy, er, quadrilogy, whatever, comes out. :)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Yeah that would be pretty cool if Indy 4 comes out in 2005 along with Episode 3. But I guess it also depends on how much visual effects work will go into Indy 4. Regardless, I get the feeling Indy 4 will come out in 2006 but you never know!

Galen_V

Second Unit
Indy is definately coming out July 4th weekend of 2005-even Spielberg has given that release date.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I won't believe there is an Indy 4 until I'm sitting in the theater with the credits rolling.

This thing has been the subject of so many rumors, starts-and-stops, scripts that have been finished and ready to go, then...oops...there is no script. With all the scripts that are reported to have been written, they should have enough material for Indy 4, 5, 6, and 7 by now. :angry:

Indy 4...yeah, right. ;)

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
So, Ford will be...what...70 by the time this major action film is released...?! :D

Seriously, the man is almost 61!

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
I won't believe there is an Indy 4 until I'm sitting in the theater with the credits rolling
Would you accept an announcement that filming had begun?

Dark Horizons also confirms that the script is practically done and the film will start production next summer with a summer 2005 release and S.S. at the helm. :D

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
He is also in desperate need of a good film I think. Why/how he hit the wall I don't know, but with the buzz on Hollywood Homocide not being good he seems to be firmly in the middle of a series of bad film roles.

K-19 was generally panned and bombed at the BO.

What Lies Beneath did pretty good BO (not quite blockbuster status ending under $100m), but was critically panned (if not quite blasted).

Random Hearts was outright awful, including his effort, and was a bomb at the BO.

Six Days, Seven Nights was panned and did only moderate BO (though his role was still Ford-like at times).

The Devil's Own was blasted by critics and did pretty poor BO (despite Ford and Pitt).

And even the Sabrina remake was a bit of letdown by his career standards.

Of course Air Force One came after Sabrina and Devil's Own and is good enough to carry him past a couple of dud's, but 5-6 is something else.

Before all this he hadn't come anywhere close to this level of either BO or critical failure except for Regarding Henry. Now it's become a regular thing.

No doubt his all-star string of hits (either critcally, BO, or both) have entrenched him as a superstar that is always only 1 hit from being back on top. But if he doesn't get something soon he is going to look a lot more like the guy who USED to be a star than one who still is.

To me him going to Indy is a lot like Arnold going to Terminator.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Sadly, I feel the same as Seth. But the right story could be magic. Of that I am certain, so I'll be guardedly optimistic. It could be worse and a different creative team could exists BEHIND the camera.

We'll know in 2 years, won't we ;)

Take care,
Chuck

P.S. Chris, I'll give you Raiders, but I'd put Raiders over just about EVERY movie. T1 and T2 are both leagues ahead of the last two Indys :D

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Chuck I could be wrong but I don't think Seth was expressing the sense that Indy 4 won't be any good (although he may feel like that) but that Harrison going back was akin to Arnold going back to familiar material after a string of BO bombs.

And I would put both Indy sequels over T1...but not T2. :D

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I am looking forward to Indy 4 because the principals (Speilberg, Lucas and Ford) are involved. I am less enthuiastic about T3 since James Cameron (and to a lesser extent, Linda Hamilton) are absent, so unless there is overwhelming good word of mouth, I'll pass on T3.

MikeRS

Screenwriter
What Lies Beneath did pretty good BO (not quite blockbuster status ending under $100m), but was critically panned (if not quite blasted).
Actually $155,464,351. That ain't chump change. Audiences definitely enjoyed it.

Ford is the only actor to have 100+ million grossing films in 4 decades.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I think it's some sort of late mid-life crisis. He divorces, starts dating someone young enough to be his daughter, makes a bunch of films where he's surrounded by "trendy" young actors (i.e. Brad Pitt, Anne Heche, Josh Hartnett). The public's just not buying it.

I'm not even sure he can pull off Indy 4 (if it happens :) ), if they're again using him and Sean Connery as his father. I think Harrison Ford is the one who should be playing the father, and passing the franchise off to his twenty-something son, Henry Jones III.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
It sounds like Harrison Ford is very averse to taking risks with films and consequently has missed a few good opportunities. He passed on Traffic a few years ago and I know that he was looking to team up with Joe Carnahan(Narc) on a flick but it looks like Carnahan is now going to do Mission Impossible 3. His heavy invovlement (meddlign) in the script process was the reason there weren't more Jack Ryan films with him.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I just hope they put Karen Allen back in the story because they never should have taken her out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks