What's new

Harrison Ford: New Indy Script Almost Finished (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Aren't all the Indy women supposed to be in this one? That's what I read somewhere anyway.

Btw I think a 4th Indy movie betrays the beautiful ride off into the sunset at the end of the Last Crusade.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
To me him going to Indy is a lot like Arnold going to Terminator.
Key difference - Lucas, Speilberg and Ford are all involved in IJ4. This means the main creative minds behind Indy will be involved in Part 4.
Arnold is the ONLY link between the first two Terminator films and T3. If Cameron were involved in T3, I would be excited. He is not, so I am not.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Well, you become a bit paranoid when occasionally you end up in the wrong auditorium at the multiplex. :D

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone think George Lucas is really going to use "Chapter 26" in the title of the movie? (Raiders has been renamed "Chapter 24: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark")

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Is Ford still demanding that Calista Flockhart be in the next film? There was a rumor (?) floating around here in an earlier thread that Mr. Ford was actually not going to do the film if she wasn't in it.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
It pleases me to play a character that audiences want to see. I know that it's eagerly anticipated, and I want us to do a good job, make a film at least as good as the ones we've made before".
Right, Harrison. You need another hit. :rolleyes

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I was just saying that this move feels a bit like running for home when things get tough.

Of course many artists continue to be intrigued with characters and settings they've created. Besides remakes and sequels, consider things like Scott and Cameron talking about some joint effort to revisit the Alien(s) world that actually sounds pretty fresh. I believe in the genuine artistic compulsion to do those sorts of things, even if the sleazy biz side creates a lot more of these projects.

In the case of Indy, Spielberg being on board is what makes the project sound legitmately interesting. But imagine if it was only Ford from the original team...then you have T3 (yikes).

I can't side with Chuck that T1 and T2 are better than IJ2-3, but I can agree that its close. If it was Cameron's project (with or without Arnold to be honest) then I could imagine T3 being more artistically driven.

Both Cameron and Spielberg are doing so well at this point that they can honestly pick their projects. JC passed on T3 and SS is totally in with IJ4. That says a lot to me.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I think it's some sort of late mid-life crisis.
I agree. I also agree with Kevin about him passing up some very good roles that might have seemed risky to him.

And we have the odd sequence of rescues by him that had the slightest hint of hype machine surrounding them.

Let's put it this way, he's not aging as an actor as well as Nicholson has

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I can't side with Chuck that T1 and T2 are better than IJ2-3...
That is because you are a soulless, spineless sack of crap who ballzac is at home in the freezer :D ;) :D

It's apples and oranges between the films (and genres), but I'll take Cameron, thank you :)

I agree that Spielberg is here, so it's a no-brainer to go see. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't VERY wary as well.

Take care,
Chuck

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Just to note that CNN had an article about Harrison Ford getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Spielberg promised the cheering crowd: "We're about to launch production next year on 'Indiana Jones Four.' " After the ceremony, however, Ford was more circumspect about his involvement in the sequel.

"I don't know anything about it except that Steven's very enthusiastic," he said. "He's got a period of time to work on the script before I see it. So I should see it in a couple of weeks."

Does that mean a new film about the whip-cracking archaeologist is a definite go?

"I can't say that until I read it," Ford said. "But it feels like a go to me."
Just thought people may like to know.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I agree that Spielberg is here, so it's a no-brainer to go see. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't VERY wary as well.
I'm wary about IJ4 - especially due to the age thing. But I have hope that it will be good, and look forward to it, until I hear it's bad (which hopefully it will not be). With T3, I'm the opposite. I'll expect crap, and if by some miracle it turns out to be good, I'll be happy to go and see it.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

my feelings exactly.
most of the last movie wasn't anything special anyway, most of it feeling like a re-hash/re-working of sequences from the other two films (even if it wasn't).
only at the end did a breath of fresh air permeate and then it seemed to redeem it.

and then they go and chuck it out the window.
sad, sad, sad.

imo, Ford was unique around the time of the first Star Wars movie, in that he seemed to straddle the divide between being a character actor and a leading man.
he's not that talented an actor, and i think he realizes this which is why he rarely seems to deviate from his standard m.o.(and when he does it usually fails).
i remember when he had his 'entrance' in Raiders.
before that he was still primarily a kid/geek icon for SW (Hanover Street and Heroes and The Frisco Kid didn't exactly set the BO on fire).
as soon as he stepped into that shaft of light, you knew this guy had finally arrived.

personally, i don't think he ever reached the height of Raiders again after '81.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
John, she will be in the film but they will shoot her scenes with her standing sideways, so she will be literally invisible in the film and of no concern. :D

"I can't say that until I read it," Ford said. "But it feels like a go to me."
With your recent string of films you are keeping "No" open as an option to being in a SPIELBERG FILM. Forget that it's Indy, its not like Steven didn't just rattle off 3 straight pretty big and creative films. He's got to be one of the top 5 directors CURRENTLY, not just based on career.

But you need to see. Keeping the space open for 7 Days, 8 Nights or K-20: The Boredommaker I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks