What's new

Harper's Island (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

I'm not sure that the premise of Harper's Island is amenable to another season anyway, assuming that the mystery as to who the killer is, and why he/she is doing it, is revealed by the end of this season.

Perhaps sometimes the problem with network television is that a show with an intriguing, but time-limited premise, becomes a hit and the network suits insist on more seasons, and the producers/writers have to come up with all sorts of twists to drag things out? For recent shows, Prison Break in particular comes to mind, with the creator initially saying he had a two-season storyline in mind, and certainly that seemed to be the case, but being such a success the suits wanted more and S3 seemed odd to say the least (I haven't seen S4 yet so can't comment further on that). For that matter I think Lost might have suffered from the same problem, in that the main storyline could be told in probably 3 seasons or so, but again because of its success, it has to be dragged out and filler-storylines created to pad out the episodes.

This seems most obvious when comparing networks shows to cable shows, who are happy with 13-show seasons, leaving a much tighter storyline with little or no filler.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Being a huge murder mystery/whodunit/Agatha Christie fan, the whole premise of this show intrigued from the moment I heard about it. When it was originally announced, there was talk of doing it more like a franchise with new sets of characters (along the lines of "Final Destination") in a new location, but still being a serial murderer/whodunit storyline.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
During the previews after the episode Thwack, the screen blurb said, "In Two Weeks". So it should be back on the 23rd.

Doug

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I'm shocked! NO posts after this week's excellent (and VERY graphic) episode? I'm wondering how many "clues" we've actually gotten, or if they are just red herrings? The Sheriff seemed just a bit too cool while investigating Wellington's murder---and what are the scratches on his hand from? And the whole Chloe/Cal scene in the bar with the wedding ring had to mean SOMETHING...

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Yea, saw the cuts on the sheriffs hand as well. Surprised they showed the blade in Wellingtons face. That as a elaborate trap, the guy had to be right under it for it to work. Why not rig the whole fixture to fall? The ring bit was cute, but pointless. Figured right away that Richard would be the next killed.

I still don't have a firm belief who the killer is. They push JD to much for him to be the killer and I doubt it will be that burned guy.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The show is gaining momentum in terms of horror and dramatic tension. That little girl is creepy.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I'm still watching. Curious to see where the show is headed. Has the show established the identity of the burned character that J.D. visits?

- Walter.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I believe that he is one of the officers that was injured just prior to Wakefield jumping/falling off the cliff but I don't think we have a name yet.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I must have been tired or just didn't pay any attention to the sheriff having cuts on his hand. I had to go back and see them.

I think last weeks has been the best episode so far.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
The burned guy is Macyver, no? I don't see him listed on IMDB. Nor is the burned dude listed on the CBS site either.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
From the Harper's Globe website:

Deputy Harkin Returns Home
By Sparky Mackle

EDITOR IN CHIEF

Cole Harkin, one of five survivors of the Wakefield murders, returns home today after two and a half months of recovery at the Washington Pacific University Burn Center. Harkin, a veteran of the Harper’s Island Sheriff’s Department, confronted John Wakefield with Deputy Joshua Aiken at the Harper’s Island Marina the day of the murders. Wakefield proceeded to assault the Deputies, knocking them unconscious, and setting their bodies on fire with the explosion of several boats at the marina. Aiken and Harkin were attended to immediately by Sheriff Charlie Mills and local youth, Henry Dunn. Aiken was unfortunately pronounced dead on the docks, but Harkin was airlifted to the University for treatment at the Burn Center.

Harkin suffered third degree burns, covering 40% of his body, encompassing the entire right side, including his face. Doctors have performed several skin grafts and plastic surgeries. Dr. Andrea Shore, Chief of Surgery at the University Burn Center, remains optimistic about Harkin’s recovery. “Cole has a long road to recovery. These surgeries should give him a chance at a normal life.”

John Wakefield committed six murders, including Aiken’s, over a one day spree. The rampage ended when Sheriff Mills tracked and killed Wakefield at the Eastern Bluff.

Permanent Link
Categories: Archived, Wakefield,

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Ah that tells us who is is on Harper's Island but not if he's Macyver/Richard Dean Andersen in real life. I didn't dig too deep though. Maybe I should go and freeze frame the few moments they show him.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, Mark...I misunderstood your post. I thought you were wondering who the character was, not the actor that played him!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I thought this was a much better episode too. It took too long for things to actually heat up. From here on out, I am sure things will get even better.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
So, I wonder if Wakefield was around when Abby was conceived? Are the writers going to go there?

I suppose we will be getting additional glimpses into the Wakefield / Mills connection in future episodes.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks