What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Hangover 2 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Could someone give a synopsis of what happened at the very end of the film? I had to duck out early, and left just as they had found Teddy and were on the boat returning to Stu's fiancee's home.

Did they get married, or call it off? How did they explain the tattoo?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I'll use spoilers
They crash the speed boat up into where the wedding will be, Ed Helms stands up for himself with the girl's father, he tells her that he'll have the tattoo lasered off, they get married and Mike Tyson sings a song during the reception. The guys and Mike Tyson are sitting there and the younger brother walks and says how he found his camera that he had with him and it has pictures from the night before. As the credits roll, you see the pics.

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
Awful movie.

Definitely a few funny scenes - but even the funny ones referenced re: Ed Helm's character we very obvious to spot coming (except for the guy behind me who didn't get it for about 5 minutes - despite the visual evidence).

the minute they stuffed Chao into the ice machine my wife leaned over and said "just watch - he'll jump out of there just like in the first movie"

I pretty much found myself wanting to leave the theater the whole time. And yes - I found the first movie hilarious.

And TravisR - don't forget that

The father doesn't seem to care at all that Teddy - his future doctor and star cellist is now missing a finger.

I also found that they took the funny parts of the first movie and beat them to death. In the first, Alan's personality "quirks" were funny because they were so off the wall and unexpected - however having to watch him glare at Teddy and then get up and give a grade school report on Thailand were absolutely painful to watch. Although his response to the "I have a demon in me" line at the end was probably the funniest part of the movie.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised that there's a number of people who apparently liked or loved the first one but hated the second one. Different strokes for different folks but, to me, the movies are so similar overall (from story to quality) that I just find it odd that my views are so far apart from some other people's. Personally, I thought both movies were a fun enough way to spend 100 or so minutes since they both had some good chuckles through out but the only thing that really made laugh outloud was some of the pictures at the end.

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by TravisR

I'm surprised that there's a number of people who apparently liked or loved the first one but hated the second one. Different strokes for different folks but, to me, the movies are so similar overall (from story to quality) that I just find it odd that my views are so far apart from some other people's. Personally, I thought both movies were a fun enough way to spend 100 or so minutes since they both had some good chuckles through out but the only thing that really made laugh outloud was some of the pictures at the end.

For me - the first one was funny because the premise and execution were both so different than anything else out there. It was that "newness" factor that really shone, along with how the jokes and gags were seamlessly interwoven into the storyline. Chao jumping out of the trunk in the first movie - completely unexpected. What happens in the second movie - completely expected. It's hard to find something funny (and fun) when you feel like you've seen it already.

Now - I'm fine with a sequel copying the original as long as it adds something. Better explosions, funnier jokes, etc. This is pretty much the exact same movie - but with a different location and jokes that are not nearly as funny, if funny at all.

Take the "wake-up" scene in the first movie. A few minutes of absolute roll on the floor hilarity. They took something that a lot of us have done (wake up hungover wondering where we were and what happened) and turned it completely on its head (I mean - a rooster and a tiger!). There was nothing that even came close to that here - how many movies and TV shows do we have to watch with the same smoking monkey (see The Big Bang Theory this last season). I found absolutely nothing funny about the wake-up scene in #2.

Also take what happens to Stu - getting married to a hooker - that's a fairly believable (albeit overplayed) story line. But your friends letting

you get bent over by a transvestite is just over the top.

Don't get me wrong - there were some funny bits (otherwise I would have visited the "Least Favorite Movie" thread) - I would just recommend to not pay more than $1 to see this movie.

Although, for some reason this morning (after having seen the movie Saturday) I found myself

with Mike Tyson singing One Night in Bangkok running continuously through my head.

Maybe this is one of those movies that will be funnier the second time around - but I don't know if I could bring myself to give it that chance.

I'm also instituting a new movie metric - the Dicks to Tits (tm) ratio. I'm counting the number of shots with either a dick or a tit in them. Ideally the ratio is zero (meaning no dicks) - any movie with a score above 1 is really pushing it. I think this one was probably a 2.0. C'mon - one gratuitous shot of a dick is funny (see above referenced scene of Chao jumping out of the trunk - "what was he wearing? You mean he was wearing nothing?!") - but in this movie...

Alisha2

Auditioning
Real Name
Alisha
This is very nice and the worth watching comedy flick to watch . I saw this movie with my friends. This is one of my favorite movies to watch and enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yashavi46
Recent bookmarks