What's new

Hanging Speakers (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hey all,

I know they have speaker stands so you can put them behind you and run the wire down the stand so it hides it. But is there anyway to hang the speaker on the wall, so I can run the wire through the wall and make it look nicer?

Thanks

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Many speakers can be wall mounted.

There are a couple difficulties, however.

One of which is the speakers are often designed to be at least 36" away from any wall.

And for speakers without good mounting points, you can also build a shelf on the wall that holds the speaker.

Leo

ted*

Agent
I will be mounting my 2 Surround speakers and building a shelf above my TV for my center. The 2 Surrounds will have speaker wire traveling from inside the wall, up to the ceiling and back down the wall where the receiver is closest to. If you do this make sure the speaker wire is for in-wall use (CL3 Rated).

I have read that mounts for specific speakers are important. I am purchasing mounts made by the same company particularly for that speaker to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks