What's new

Halo 2 trailer going online tonight! (1 Viewer)

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Just watched it.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

My goodness it is mindingly beautiful! Every thing looks great! I just glad someone is finally using some REAL "depth-of-field" effects.
[rant]THIS IS WORTH THE DOWNLOAD!!![/rant]

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Damn, i hate WMP8, they're making me DL wmp9?! :angry:
Ohwell, HALO2!

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
OUTSTANDING. That looks amazing. I can't believe we'll get a whole game like that. I hope I'm still impressed next Christmas! That's SO far away!

Then again, I'll still be playing Halo 1 until then!

TF

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
:eek: wowee, that was worth the download!!!
Too bad they didnt have any action scenes, it looked pretty good, but alot of that was dark and inside the ship.

Benjamin_L

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, wow, wow, and more wow.
The trailer can now be downloaded from Gamespot in good 'ol Quicktime, it seems. Just follow the link above.
I'm especially taken with the Master Chief's distinctive strut. He must've been working hard to perfect that while in deep space! :D
CAN'T WAIT.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Basically, what I think that people need to keep in mind, is that the trailer has been created using the halo2 engine to give people an idea of what the actual game will look like. Frankly, it looks as if Bungie skipped a generation with Halo2 and is going to straight to third-generation xbox game. I hope other developers are taking notes, because the bar is being raised considerably. It's time for some of those lazy cross-platform developers to realize they better start wringing the juice out of the xbox platform and in a serious way, otherwise, they're going to get left very far behind.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Prediction: Unless Bungie decides to make Halo 3 for the Xbox, Halo 2 will be the best overall Xbox game ever made.

And to any movie studios out there wanting to score big: buy the Halo license, hire a major actor (Bruce Willis would make a good Master Chief) and make the movie already!

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Was there sound? All I got was horrible static through the whole preview.

Frankly, it looks as if Bungie skipped a generation with Halo2 and is going to straight to third-generation xbox game. I hope other developers are taking notes, because the bar is being raised considerably. It's time for some of those lazy cross-platform developers to realize they better start wringing the juice out of the xbox platform and in a serious way, otherwise, they're going to get left very far behind.
I can certainly understand your enthusiasiam but that's a little much, don't you think? "straight to third-generation"? It looked great but exactly what did you see that is really that superior over what you'd expect from Halo2? The video shows zero in-game sequences so you really can't take that much from it.

Don't get me wrong, it looked great and I'm excited...but realistic.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Was there sound? All I got was horrible static through the whole preview
Yes there was sound Camp. There was allot of radio chatter with the Earth forces getting thier butts handed to them by the Covenant. Also my favorite line has to be where one of the Admirals is yelling about how they have draw back because they wont last another run. Then Cortana's voice comes in with "Admiral tell your men to hold thier positions, reinforcements are on the spoke." The Admiral answers back kind of matter of factly with "The entire fleet is engaged Cortana. With respect, what the hell kind of reinforcements do you got??!". *shivers* All I could say was MASTER CHIEF BABY!:D

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Hey, Camp, I'm just climbing aboard the Halo2 hype machine.

"Halo 2 is a lot like Halo 1, only it's Halo 1 on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas... And the ninjas are all on fire, too."
- Jason Jones
Bungie Studios"

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Well if Xbox drops to below 100 then I'll be playing it, otherwise oh well. Seeing as how there is only 1 game (Halo) that I would buy an xbox for.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
The only thing that I don’t like about this is the name. It should be
“insert title here”… sequel to Halo
Halo was the ring and from the looks of this trailer, the game will have nothing to do with a second Halo artifact. Try “Master Chiefs revenge… sequel to Halo” or “Beyond Halo”. I’m sure sick of the lame ass “stick a number on the end of it” title scheme that seems to be plaguing the video game industry as of late. Of course I’m not including Nintendo in that statement, they are really good for coming up with original titles even if I don’t understand the meaning behind them sometimes…
Now where do I sign up to preorder this? :)
Dean

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks