What's new

Halo 2 trailer going online tonight! (1 Viewer)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Halo was the ring and from the looks of this trailer, the game will have nothing to do with a second Halo artifact
It's only the trailer, Dean. Just some eye candy to make us hate the concept of time and waiting for it to hurry the hell up. ;)
There are other installation, ie ringworlds, as we learned in the 1st game.
Who knows...maybe the storyline will be that earth gets "glassed". (It's the term given in the novel when the covenant pounds a planets surface with their plasma weaponry), and the remaining survivors of earth and earth's military forces retreat to one of the surviving halo's? Instead this time, maybe we'll use the halo to our benefit instead of destroying it?
Setting up a base of operations, making defensive preparations for the coming Covenant, ground war, air war, claiming a ring for our own???
...hmmm, could be cool.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I just want another shot at that smarmy little bastard Monitor.
It was bad enough when it was chortling "Oh, I am a genius!" as I was getting my tail handed to me by the Flood in the Library, but then to be betrayed by the little jerk?
Oh...revenge will be mine...(hopefully) :)
Plus I read on IGN that players will have the option of playing as Covenant in multiplayer.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

John Kilroy

Stunt Coordinator
It seems that something is missing from this trailer. After the shot where MC is falling through space, there's a shot where he actually lands on the hull of the Covenant ship. He draws back his arm, puts his fist through the hull, and then cut to black.

What happened?

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
We have to wait another year for this???
That bites....
Oh well, I don't care..I'll still be able to snipe people once it hits :D

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Is the Gamespot link supposed to require a Gamespot Complete login? It's marked as unlocked, but I kept getting the login prompt. I ended up getting a QT version from the Bungie mirrors (thanks Sean!), but the login seemed odd...

-Dave

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
DOOM III is going to be a slower paced horror/shooter. I remember the folks from iD saying the game will not feature a barrage of enemies like the prequels did, and they will concentrate more on instilling fear in the player.

Halo 2 looks to be much more geared towards action, like its prequel. It won't scare you as much as DOOM III, but the storyline already looks to top all others in the genre.

The engines between the games are different as well, with Halo's being suited for open environments and vehicular combat, while DOOM's will be adept for corridor shooting.

It's like apples and oranges really, but I'm glad they're both coming to Xbox.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Great post, Mike. Keep that gripping insight coming.
I'm glad you liked it...seeing as how the topic of the thread was "halo 2 trailer", not "i like xbox" or "i don't like xbox". I downloaded and stated thats its little brother (halo 1) is the only thing that interests me about the xbox and I indirectly stated that halo 2 is the 2nd thing. Don't like it that those are the only 2 games I like for the xbox? Well too bad. Its all about the games right? Well at least it is until someone has an opposing opinion. Yikes, you people are sometimes worse than Nintendo and Sony fanatics.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I thought that the trailer looked fantastic but I can't wait to see some real "in game" action! I also wish that they would give us a First Person "peek around the corner" option. I've seen it in plenty of 3rd person games but would love to see it in a game like Halo. I know it's easy enough to strafe but if you have your back against a wall right at a corner it could allow you to peek around the corner and return to your original facing down the hall in the opposite direction. That way you could cover two different directions with a quick touch of the button. Just a minor gripe and nothing that takes away from the great control that Halo already has.

Can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait!!!

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Mike, read your post again and tell me exactly where you even reference the topic? It looks like just a blanket condemnation of the entire Xbox library (sans one) to me, and was entirely unrelated to the rest of the thread. I hate using the vulgarity, but your post was a classic "thread fart". If you wanted to talk about the Halo 2 trailer, maybe you should have at least mentioned that you watched it?

Whatever, man, I'm not going to get into with you. Your opinion of the Xbox library isn't remotely interesting to me; I just wanted to point out that it was irrelevant to the topic at hand.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
[edited because might offend those with thin skin...]

As far as Halo 2 specifically goes trailers are one thing. There are plenty of other great movie and game trailers where the finished product just sucked (although there hasn't been a bungie game that has sucked). Can't wait to see some actual play footage though.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Mike, your original post... and I quote!:D
Well if Xbox drops to below 100 then I'll be playing it, otherwise oh well. Seeing as how there is only 1 game (Halo) that I would buy an xbox for.
Looks like troll bait to me. Sorry but you don't even mention the new trailer!? Oh well..., carry on. ;)
EDIT: I read the unedited response.

Andre F

Screenwriter
Looked awesome to me! FYI, for those without Broadband (it's a big file) I know G4 is planning on airing this soon on the Cinematech show.

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
If I recall correctly, all of the cinematics in the first Halo was the same as the In Game graphics, right? why would they change it? IMO, I believe that this is the real deal, seeing as to see how rough the aliasing was on the video. Because it looks too good to be true, doesn't mean it isn't true. I'm sure if you looked at the footage for Doom III you would notice a lot of things that may make you question how much of this can actually be in-game, but honestly, I think with the rate things are going in the gaming industry, this could very well be the actual in-game. Moreover, I believe that since this is the early stages, they will be able to even improve upon these graphics that you just saw in the Halo 2 Trailer. But take what I say with a grain of salt if you wish.

Regards,
Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks