What's new

Halo 2 HTF Clan (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Thanks a lot, Carlo. You are a lifesaver.

Saved, pasted, and printed.

As for inter- versus intra-

I like both. Playing as a unified team is nice, unless you are getting shelled. And it's good to go outside the group, so to speak. But I enjoy the friendliness and lower stress of just beating each other to death.

Thanks for the answers to my questions. Now I just need more (and more) practice.

Take care,
Chuck

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
i wondered if in the "notes" part for LaMarcus I should have put "This is the guy who always KILLS YOU" :D

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Oh, I have a trick for LaMarcus. I wait until he's just killed some other bloke, and then shoot him in the back when his shields are low. It works sometimes :)

I think we do all right. Some of us are pretty damn good, some of us are getting better, and most of us are right in the middle. I like it. It definitely pays to play together frequently.

Take care,
Chuck

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
OK, I'm planning to be online tonight (around 7pm EST). What time are you folks getting started? Particularly those in the east.

Martin.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member

Up close, the Battle Rifle (and Covenant Carbine) are worthless. It's not a good weapon to use for Slayer. However, in CTF, Assault, etc, the Battle Rifle is effective in supporting other teammates from afar or defending your base using the scope.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Like Martin, I'm not a good sniper or scope user. But sometimes, making them glow before the SMG's get to them can be a lifesaver.

I am an ESTer as well, but my time is not my own. I'd like to be on around 8:30-9:30/10, but you never know. Early arrivers can play some 2 on 2 or 4 on 4.

Now this weekend might be a great time if we can work out a time or two.

Carlo, it's a wash. I'm often the other bloke too, but I take my cheap shots where I can. Try shooting him when he's on your own team...it's a kill :D Just kidding. I do not condone shooting your own team, though I accidently blew up three members of my team on Ascension yesterday. It was the beginning, and I forgot which color I was. Sorry.

Does anyone else take a little while to get warmed up? Inevitably, in my first Live game of the day (any day), I spend about 4 minutes getting sodomized before I start to "feel" the controller and whatnot. Just me?

Curious,
Chuck

Dustin Woods

Agent
Hey guys, just picked up Halo 2, XBL Starter Kit w/ Communicator, and a really long CAT5 cable, and am now Live ready. I'm still learning the ropes online, but would love to join the HTF2 clan. Gamertag is dwoods36.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I too did that a couple of days ago, on Territory, midship :D. I tend to get a bit grenade-happy, and lobbed a couple toward a flag just as three of our guys were closing in on it and it's sole defender. The guy died sometime during the flight of the nads... which squarely landed in the middle of my peeps proudly standing next to the newly conquered flag :b.

--
H

ZoranM

Stunt Coordinator
okay....weird...when I login to XBL it says I'm not part of any Clan, but when I check Bungie's site it says I'm still in the HTF2 Clan. Can someone send me another invite? Also I should mention this happened after it asked me to do a new XBL update. Don't know if that matters.

Or maybe I suck so bad that I was kicked out :)

Cheers,

Zoran

ZoranM

Stunt Coordinator
To add to the above post after a search of Bungie's forums it seems this is happening everywhere to lots of Clans. I haven't found any acknowledgment from Bungie yet or a fix, but I will keep looking and post what I find here.

cheers,

Zoran

(edit) After looking into the problem, it does seem to be related to the new update for XBL. It also removes all of the players from your "recent players" list. It doesn't seem to effect everyone, but has effected quite a few. Also if someone from the clan tries to reinvite the person it tells them that the person is already part of the clan and they can't be reinvited. (/edit)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well glad I did that table (as maligned as the spacing is) in the previous page. We may need to work off that to reinvite the clanmembers if we are indeed gone. (I'm at work so I can't tell)

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
OK, damn it, I've lost my clan affiliation. Also, my recent players list is empty, so I can't even send any messages out. :angry:

Somebody please invite me (and probably everyone else) again.

EDIT: just read the Zoran's post above. Hmm. Maybe we need to create a tmp clan just to move people over so they can move back.

Thanks,
Mister Creosote

Sergey M

Stunt Coordinator
FYI:

Halo 2 Clan Update

Our inboxes have been filling up with panicked mails from a number of players who have logged into Live and noticed that their Clan is no longer appearing. Don't worry folks,

YOUR CLAN HAS NOT BEEN DELETED!

Whew.

The Xbox Live team is working to fix the problem right now and your Clan should be as good as new soon. =)

Update: Major Nelson from Xbox.com has let us know that maintenance on Xbox Live will be taking place at 4 PM PDT today and should last about 30 minutes. You may experience unpredictable results with your Clan while this work is underway.

Also, please note : If you were in a Clan originally that was not appearing as of about 5 hours ago and you decided to make a new one, you will be rolled back to your original Clan when the maintenance work is complete. Your new Clan you created will not exist. If you weren't already in a Clan and just happened to make a new one from scratch, no worries - everything will be fine.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I didn't notice any problems last night after my update. Hope it stays that way tonight.
Last night was fun. The clan matches were more of an eye opener than anything. One thing I learned is u cannot take the flag when ur alone. I got wacked pretty good! I also noticed everyone's going their own way. Maybe we can move in as a whole with grenade whores and double SMGs guys with assigned flag takers. That way, we would know everyone's role and not rely on luck.
As for defense, I think we're getting better with most players staying and not flying off on an "adventure".
Now as for customs games, I agree those r more fun than anything. I also figured if u kill LaMarcus, u give ur team a fighting chance!

On another note....where's my tag ( ALAMAT )in the lists?

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Ok, I was invited into a match tonight, but couldn't get in? But, I did have some fun playing in the 3 round King of the Hill matches. Why are we swapping clans over and over again, because of the update thing?

If I somehow get kicked out, please invite me back: Geocab.

I won't be on tomorrow, but what time are you guys playing Saturday and Sunday?

Later,
Geo

James T

Screenwriter
Anyone who knows me, knows I suck playing Halo online.

Now that the introduction is done, on to the real story. A couple days ago, I must have played a bunch of clan games because someone asked to be put on my friends list. Tonight, I get an invite to try out for his clan. He's a level 10. I believe he was a 9 when I played him and I was a 3.

The clan must be desperate for members.

James_T

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

I posted a message earlier in this thread but it got buried. I have been a HTF member for a few years now, and knowing the high maturity level of the gamers here I was hoping I could meet up with you guys and maybe join the clan. My only concern is when you all are generally online... I play live on weeknights 9 PM EST until around midnight, and over the weekend only sparsely. Are a lot of HTF Clan members usually online then?

Thanks, and my X-Box Live ID is Grimlock77

James Tedesco
[email protected]

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sorry about the lag in adding gamertags. Since I have to hard code it in HTML, as well as keeping an eye out on the extra carriage returns, it's a bit of a time consuming task.

I'll try to update the ones not on there within the next day or two.

Carlo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks