What's new

Hair in the drain (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone recommend a drain filter or a cleaner that's really good at removing hair? I hate having to plunge every 2 to 3 weeks, and I brush my hair a lot. It STILL clogs up the drain

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
You may have a clog further down the pipe than just the drain opening if it is backing up often. Despite pulling a wig out of my drain weekly, it was still plugging, so I used a drill driven gizmo that snakes down the pipe to the stack, and pulled out a monster wad of munge that had been in there for years. Even with the weekly deposits in the drain, it still empties well now.

There are plastic hair sieves you can get that go over the drain to stop hair from going down it, which you should be able to get at most hardware stores. I wouldn't recommend using Drano or the like very often.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
....pulled out a monster wad of munge.......
:laugh:
Love it.
I've heard of accounts where people that had used Draino, Liquid Plumber, etc. had their trap eaten out over a period of several years. It lead to $1000+ repairs.
I always use a coat hanger that has a hook on the end and it works great.
You'll need a pair of needle nose pliers to bend the end.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I do have a snake, but the problem is that when we got the bathroom redone they put in this crappy drain hole with 3 arms that come out to hold up the plug. It's very hard to get anything down there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks