What's new

h/k 130-$699 can. should i get something else? (1 Viewer)

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Drew, I kid you not! The sticker price at Dumoulin in Montreal for the Denon 3803 is $2199! I'm sure if I tried to bargain, I may have been able to bring it down to $1800-1900, but why bother when the sticker price on the Yamaha RX-V2400 is $1500 and I bargained it down to $1120? In comparison to the price of the Denon, the Yamaha was a steal!

As for the HSU, my friend ordered an STF-2 online from HSU's website first, and as soon as I heard it I knew I had to get one too. My friends and I took a trip to Los Angeles during x-mas '03 and so I took the opportunity to buy the STF-2 from a CompUSA for $349. I crossed the border with it and paid absolutely no taxes or duties at the Toronto airport because we were there for 7 days. For me, the HSU was also a steal because it costed me about $520 CDN to my door!

Drew_W

Screenwriter
I'm going to have to do that with an SVS. Either that or find one for sale up here...yeah...right. :frowning:

Reggie_F

Agent
Drew_W,

It appears HSU can be bought in Canada from here:

***.homedigitalav.com/HSUSubs.html

prices include free shipping in Canada.

Shiu

Second Unit

HK models are overpriced in Canada for sure. Denon is not near as bad. At under C$1,500 street price, the 3805 is only about C$200 more than its street price in the U.S. Its cheaper than the HKAVR630, and its bench test results were much better than that of the 630 according to H&T magazine's Aug issue. I think HK could sell a lot more if they would do something about its Canadian distribution network. Back to the original post, the Yamaha RX-V1400 or the lower priced HTR5760 are well priced in Canada. The Pioneer models are not too bad neither.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks