What's new

Gunsmoke: Season 3 (1 Viewer)

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
The page for Gunsmoke/ Marshal Dillion on the CBS/Paramount syndication site now indicates that the first three seasons have been transferred into HD. Hopefully this means that a third season DVD release won't be far behind.

The way they are releasing this show though, it will take them 20 years to complete it, if ever. So much for any type of accelerated release schedule. There was 4 months between Season 2, Vol. 1 and Season 2, Vol. 2, but any type of third season release will have at the least six months between it and the previous release.

I hope they took the criticism on amazon.com for Season 2, Vol. 1 to heart and will release this as a complete set. I also hope they will have as an extra the second season episode that was accidentally left off of Season 2, Vol. 1.

TVFan

Agent
Real Name
Mark
Good news!! When I called CBS Paramont they told me Gunsmoke: Third Season Vol. 1 will be release Dec. 9.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Good to have a definite date! Too bad that they will continue to release this show in split seasons though, as it will take forever.

Hopefully December 9th will also see the release of Rawhide: Season 3, Volume 2.

Blake Comeaux

Stunt Coordinator
What's extremely frustrating, for anyone who bought the original Columbia House releases, is that this December 9th release will still be covering the same material they've had for years. I wouldn't mind the split seasons if they were released closer together. I'm tired of rationing out episodes in between releases.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The Way they are doling these out I'm not holding my breath in seeing those HD masters showing up on Blu Ray any time soon so I'll keep buying the SD releases, at least thru the chester eps.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
If it does continue to be released in split seasons at this rate, we will have 34 more dvd sets to buy, and roughly 17 years to complete

That is, if it does continue!

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

They really do need to pick up the pace. The prime Gunsmoke fans are in the 60-80 range.

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod

Ah, but we just got a new 52" plasma TV in our Lecture Hall at the Shadyside Rest Home, here in Philadelphia. Even the B/W episodes looks great on that monster. The Marshall's sweater needs mending at the elbow of his right sleeve, however.
:laugh:

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member

Ha! I'm a healthy 43, and became a fan through the TVLand reruns. I once suggested that they should simultanoeusly release seasons sets from both the first hourlong season (1961-62, the 7th season) and the first color season (1966-67, the 12th season), and go from there, with the 8th and 13th seasons and so on, to quicken the pace.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Gunsmoke Season 3, Volume 1 is now available on www.DeepDiscount.com ®- DVDs, Blu-ray, HD DVD, CDs, Books, Video Games and more for $21.92! A done deal!

It's interesting, as I checked the price of Gunsmoke Season 3, Volume 1 Monday afternoon on www.DeepDiscount.com ®- DVDs, Blu-ray, HD DVD, CDs, Books, Video Games and more and it was $26.99. Now, 10 hours later, it's $21.92!

Rawhide Season 3, Volume 2 has gone down too since Monday afternoon. Not as much as Gunsmoke though, but it is now $26.87.

I guess it pays to buy last minute, at least for the past two weeks, first with Perry Mason Season 3, Volume 2, and now Gunsmoke!

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I'm a little worried, I couldn't find any copies at Sam's Club, Target or Walmart. I'll have to buy from Deep Discount but if you can only get it online, I wonder how this will affect sales?

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Unfortunately, I don't think Gunsmoke is a big seller for them. Otherwise, I think they would have continued to release it in season sets, like they do Mannix. I'm grateful they release it at all. I just wish they'd speed up the release schedule.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
And now Rawhide Season 3, Volume 2 is $19.15!

I should have waited. My DD order has already shipped.. The joys of deepdiscounting with deepdiscount.com...

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
I bought the last copy at BestBuy in King of Prussia (Philadelphia) today for $21.95. Stocker said they only got two copies last week. He said "only the -top movie hits- get depth, not old TV shows in black-and-white." :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks