What's new

Guess the Director (1 Viewer)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Jeff Wells over at Hollywood-Elsewhere.com has posted in his 11.19 column two blind descriptions of directors. I won't copy and paste them in order to drive traffic to his site. However, if it's easier to do so, someone else can go ahead and do it.

My guesses:

#1: Wes Anderson

#2: Martin Scorsese

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I'm positive you're correct on #1 based on something Wells wrote the other day which was basically the same description except the director was named.

And I came to the same conclusion as you on #2, so I'm almost certain we're right on that one, too.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I e-mailed Jeff with my guesses and he wrote back saying that I was right. He said that their upcoming movies are total wipeouts. I hope he's wrong. He did say that A.I. was the worst movie of 2001.....

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I hope he's wrong about his comments on the upcoming films. I was looking forward to both of their films - especially the one from the first director.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Matthew, does Jeffrey Wells' opinion actually hold any weight with you? Personally I can't stand the guy.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
Asked by Esquire Magazine in its March 2000 issue to pick "The Next Scorsese," Scorsese picked director Wes Anderson (Bottle Rocket; Rushmore). sourcescorsesefilms

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I've nevere really read him, so I don't have an opinion on him. Burt whether or not I like him, it doesn't matter. he may be right, he may be wrong. I was just saying I hope it's the latter.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
His opinion holds a lot of weight with me. I'm increasingly worried about The Life Aquatic based on the trailers and now this. Not that it won't be good, but it won't be Rushmore, probably. Bill Murray's "revenge" line kind of guarantees the movie's not a "total wipeout."

Wells takes strong positions, never writes fluff, and is a good journalist. You don't find film writing like that many places, so even if I didn't like his taste in movies I'd read his column.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks