What's new

GT3: Anybody else think...... (1 Viewer)

Steve Russell

Stunt Coordinator
While it is prettier than GT2 by a mile, GT3 is not as deep or involving as GT2. There are fewer cars(no used ones to buy) and fewer races. It feels as if it has been dumbed down or something. I like some of the menu changes and some of the other things that make it more user friendly but it just doesn't seem as good as GT2. Did stuff have to be simplified and compressed to keep it on 1 disc? Just wondering. I am enjoying it but not as much as GT2.

Matt MacFarlane

Stunt Coordinator
The only problem that I had with GTA3 was the map. I could never find anything I was looking for. You would have to drive around until you knew every island like the back of your hand.

StevenK

Second Unit
I agree with you partially. I think it was cut down too much and didn't have as much "depth" as GT2. However, I think they improved the driving physics. That plus the updated graphics made it worth playing. I still play GT2 on bleemcast though and while the graphics aren't quite as nice, I still have tons of fun.

Richard_c

Agent
All they really changed was the graphics, it had the same problems that plagued GT-1 : terrible AI, if you're only going to have 6 cars in a race then the other 5 better be up to the challenge. Naff collision detection & still no damage, the same 2 views that were in the 1st GT, only one of which was any use as the external view tended to block your view more than anything else.

One of these days we will get the complete package...

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Hey, a fairly useless external view is better than F355's no external view at all, surely? ;)
Sure, there aren't as many cars or races in GT3, but there are (I think) just as many track variety, which is the important thing. I got bored with the track monotony in GT3, but I did the same in GT2 much sooner, and I'd rather have a few well modelled cars (or F355's one superbly modelled car) than a huge pile of similiar ones.

Richard_c

Agent
F355's single view was/is much better( personal opinion of course ), i would of gladly sacrificed some of GT 3's graphical splendor for more developer time spent on the rest of the game. A couple of other points, 1) why the hell we had to race a Toyota Yaris around the test ring i simply cannot fathom ? a candidate for most boring race in the world. 2) Should of had the sixties muscle cars, what a let down that was, a Shelby Mustang on the streets of seattle would of been perfect.

Steve Russell

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I was kind of disappointed to see the muscle cars gone too. How many different versions of the skyline can you actually race and tell the difference?

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I was blown away by GT3. I had GT2 but rarely played it because it started too slow.

Once I mastered GT3, I went back and rediscovered GT2. It is a much better "game".

I love the muscle cars. I loved the events. I loved how some used cars would only show up on certain days. I loved the upgrades including the racing mods. It also looked fantastic on Bleem Dreamcast.

Doug

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
The graphics were amazing, imho. After a great lap or two, I love watching the replay since, it looks like someone from ESPN taped it.
However; I thought the track selection sort of sucked ass. Any game series, this old, using the same old tracks, over and over, is lacking in imagination. Yeah, I know there were some new ones but...only "some"?!!? How long ago did the original come out?!!? Why the hell is this one relying heavily on the same old tracks while simply throwing in a few new ones?
It's almost unforgivable, if you ask me.
I suppose GT4 will have the same damn tracks, yet again, but with a couple new ones???? Sorry, but the original tracks weren't THAT good. Not so much that they're just going to keep getting ported to the newest GT version, over and over and over....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks