What's new

!!!! GROUP PURCHASE SURVEY: What would our members like to see offered? !!!! (1 Viewer)

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I'm preparing to upgrade speakers, DVD player, and looking for a multi channel SACD player.

Jason_AV

Grip
Alright all, for some clarification:
Products like Denon and Paradigm, Elite, Integra, Cinema Series Toshiba, B&K, B&W, Mitsubishi, and quite a few others are restricted from mail-order/internet sales. These types of products will not be in the group buys.
As for Canadian members, It is a literal case by case situation, given that some manufacturers allow/don't allow sales of U.S. Product outside the U.S. And some manufacturers won't warranty a U.S. product outside of the U.S.
Keep the ideas coming in :)

RobP

Stunt Coordinator
I am also in the market for a good reciever or a pre/pro and a 5 channel amp.
Rob

Dirk E

Auditioning
If the dealer ships internationally, I would be interested in the new color pronto (and one or two SVS-Subs ;-)) ).
[Edited last by Dirk E on October 11, 2001 at 04:37 PM]

rajiv

Stunt Coordinator
Ok. How about the following:
1. Speakers - Wilson Watt Puppies and/or Revel Salons
2. Amps - Mark Levinson No.335 and No.336
3. Processors - Mark Levinson No.40 and Proceed AVP-II
4. Remotes - Pronto Pro
If we do a group purchase and get them for 50%, I'm all ears. :)
Rajiv...

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
So, what's the forum's cut on these sales? Not that I'm opposed to that, but I'm all for "full disclosure." :)
BTW, www.hometheaterspot.com already has a very similar, very successful Group Purchase forum. [Vendor name edited by me, Kieran, upon vendor's request] is the vendor. Almost all the products requested are at one time or another offered, and yes, the prices are usually lower than the posted price on the [vendor] web site.
If this is a similar deal, with a similar vendor (as far as normal pricing goes) and we're GUARANTEED that the GP prices will ALWAYS be LOWER than the prices posted on the site, then this will be a very good deal!! :D
Question: Ron, will the prices be posted here, or will they, like other GP sites, require confidentiality regarding the prices? Meaning, you have to email expressing interest in the GP, then they email you the prices back?
------------------
-Kieran
My HT Page
[Edited last by Kieran Coghlan on October 11, 2001 at 06:56 PM]
[Edited last by Kieran Coghlan on October 11, 2001 at 07:04 PM]

Jason_AV

Grip
SVS would be something that Tom would have to do himself actually. I agree though, great subs!
And I can say there would be no buys on any type of software at all. Hardware and accessories only unfortunately
wink.gif

ToddJoseph

Stunt Coordinator
Denon Recievers, Outlaw amps, Klipsch or Swan Diva speakers, HDTVs (Rear Projections), Toshiba progressive scan DVD players, Sony Mega changers, cables and inter connects, SVS subs........ Equipment Racks.

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
Denon Receiver (3802 or better)
Amps
Mits or Toshiba Widescreen TV
[Edited last by Shayne Judge on October 11, 2001 at 05:51 PM]

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Actually the previous group purchase was quite successful with those brands mentioned above and more.
To add something different, I may be in the market for a DV camcorder by the end of the year.
computer stuff is always a plus but i have my doubts on that.
Actually what we should do as a forum, is agree on what to buy and have, perhaps in ultra hifi, hifi, and midfi classes... so that everyone buys the same stuff to get maximum discount. I'll be the first to say that it could be boring as heck, but would be affordable. so instead of having one guy buy a Denon 4800, and another buying the Sony 777, and the other getting the marantz 7000, everyone buys the marantz 7000. more people buying one thing at once gives a better discount than a bunch of people buying a bunch of little things at different times.
Also, Ron already said it would be closeouts so don't get TOO excited about the new stuff.
------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
[Edited last by Paul McGowan on October 11, 2001 at 05:55 PM]

Eric Lo

Agent
1. SACD players from Sony (9000ES, DVP-NS900V)
2. Flagship receivers such as Denon (5802 or 4802), B&K 307, Pioneer VSX-49TX, Onkyo TX-DS989, Integra DTR-9.1.

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
I have to put another vote in for amplification.
Mono-blocks, 2 channel, multi-channel...all of it appeals to me...especially close it. Analog amplifiers do not go out of style to quickly :)
Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks