What's new

Great sounding Bookshelf? Ideas, info? (1 Viewer)

Scott_Hirsch

Auditioning
Good evening

I am in the market for some great sounding bookshelf speakers. They will serve 2 purposes. 1) I want really good sounding speakers that serve music well. 2)Within a few months, when more cash becomes available, they will be utilized as rear speakers and I will buy some towers and the system will be 80% movies, 20% music.

I've auditioned Boston Acoustics, Totem. Also want to try B&W, Paradigm. I've also heard some great things about Quad IIL.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Can good sounding music bookself speakers even give good surround envelopment?

Scott

Lam Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,

Might want to give the Paradigm atom, titans a listen.
The B&W 601 s3, 600 s3 are great as well.
These are afordable bookshelf that sounds good with music and serves great as surrounds.
I went with the 600 s3 (Nautilus Tweeter, Kevlar driver) for my surround speaker, they are built with brackets for wall hanging as well. Good Luck.

Scott_Hirsch

Auditioning
My budget is around $800 canadian; so what's that, $13 US? In all reality and world economic leverage aside, around $500 US tops.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Which Bostons and what did you think of them? Of all those speakers auditioned, which did you like best and why?

JordanS

Second Unit
I have the B&W DM 601 S3 and I am very happy with the sound. I am running Adcom Seperates with them. The midrange is absolutley amazing-----

I've also demoed the Nautilus 805------and listening to "Comfortably Numb" got me a little teary-eyed on those------just beautiful sound IMO---

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks