What's new

Great Comedy Movie Idea: Man Wakes Up After 1000 Years To A Strange New World (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
When I saw the thread title I was just about to jump in and say "Woody Allen did that 30 years ago". :)

Seems like they won't have the Orgasmatron in this one though.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Mike Judge & Ethan Coen. The brothers have been known to give assistance to other writers from time to time.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Hmmm, interesting concept. I'll tell you what could make this a hit: A potty-mouthed, alcoholic robot sideckick. Gold, I tells ya, GOLD!

DeeF

Screenwriter
Does anybody else share my view that Luke Wilson is possibly the worst actor ever to have reached his level of stardom?

Even Tab Hunter was better (at being a pretty-boy actor).

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator
It's not Ethan of Coen brothers fame. It's Etan Cohen (no typos, that's how it's spelled), who has worked on King of the Hill and several other TV projects.

I'm just glad to see Mike Judge doing another live-action movie. Here's hoping it's a worthy follow-up to Office Space.

(And while I don't see Luke Wilson entering the pantheon of great actors anytime soon, I find him really likeable in every movie I've seen him in.)

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
(in best sci-fi voice) Welcome to the world of toomoorrow!

Sorry, I couldn't resist :) Futurama was also the first thing that I thought of when I saw the title as well. Of course it might have to do with all the Futurama I've been watching on DVD lately...

We can only dream that this movie will be as good as 22 minutes of Futurama ;)

-- Dave

John Watson

Screenwriter
"We're all of us interested in the future, cause thats' where we'll spend the rest of our lives" - Criswell

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
George Harrison a la 'Simpsons': "It's been done..."

Is the main character a pizza delivery boy? ;)

"I'm gonna bend what I want, who I want, when I want!"

Too many Futurama thoughts running therough my brain!

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
So it's similar to Futurama and Sleeper. SO what. This idea about him being the most intelligent guy in the world - that interests me. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

And they really need to make a Futurama movie.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Well, with Mike Judge in charge, it'll probably be pretty funny. It'll be hard not to think of Futurama.

Honestly, though, when I first heard the title of the movie, my first thought was, "They finally got the movie version of Arthur C. Clarke's 3001 going, and they get Luke Wilson? to be in it?!" :D Of course, then I saw 20th Century Fox and Mike Judge's name.

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
Hey, even unoriginal stories can be very good (technically most stories are derivative). The important thing is implementation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks