What's new

Gozilla & ImmodiumAD? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Just watched a commercial in which the above product was used to combat diarhea and Godzilla represented the diarhea. I've always thought Godzilla was a little cheesy but this is a new low.

This also brings to mind something I believe I read when the American Godzilla ("size does matter") came out. It bombed and I remember reading that the owners of Godzilla were unhappy with they way he was represented in the movie. Can't be any more specific than that, memory too fuzzy.

Are these same people who were offended by the American Godzilla now licensing the monster to represent diarhea?

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Johnny, I was going to Seattle Central Community College at the time with a number of Japanese students, and they HATED the American version of Godzilla. "They took away his dignity, and just made him a monster!" was the complaint of one of my classmates who was about ready to go out and picket the theaters.

The mind boggles; Is Mothra representing Immodium? ;)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

No, Godzilla is. They project him onto the tummy of a female sunbather. After she takes the medicine, we see a projection on her tummy of Godzilla going out to sea.

I didn't think they made him just a monster. He was smart, he figured things out, he cared for his kids. If he was a monster, he was a tough one.

Unlike most, I liked the movie, except for the female lead. I thought she was terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks