What's new

got tv now help me with audio (1 Viewer)

alex_d

Auditioning
this is my first home theater and i found a great deal on a pioneer elite 53 inch. So now i have tv but i want someone to help me out with a progressive scan dvd player,tuner and speakers. I do not know anything about this so please do not make fun of me:D. just tell me if there is a good package for no more $700.00 preferbally where i can buy at a store. ty :)

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
you can check out the Yamaha YHT-700 system retails for $999 gives you a great reciever decent speakers and a 5 disc prog scan DVD Player.

kurt_fire

Stunt Coordinator
i have the Onkyo HTS 650 system, Circuit City sells it for $499, and I absolutely love it. doesn't come with a dvd player though. i recommend it.

AaronJB

Second Unit
Combination of the Onkyo SKSHT-500 Speaker Set ($250 at Circuit City) and either the Panasonic SAHE100 reciever or Pioneer VSX-811 reciever ($299). Add a DVD player of your choice ($150).

The reciever that comes with the Onkyo HT-650 apparently has problems with the subwoofer channel, according to another thread on this forum. The SKSHT-500 speaker set (the speaker set that comes with the HT-650) is very nice though, and should be considered.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
For about $600, the Kenwood HTB-509 is quite a complete package:

- 5 disk Progressive Scan DVD player
- Budget but decent receiver
- 5 monitor-style speakers, (tone matched)
- External self-powered sub

Here is what makes it great: all the individual parts are upgradeable if one piece breaks or you decide to buy other parts.

I saw this at Circuit City before Christmass for this price.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks