Chemistry H - A-
English III - A
French IV H - A
Law & Justice - A+
PE/Health - A
Precalculus H - A-
TV Production II - A-
US History I - B+

I don't like History much (the class is really boring, and it's not the material - it's the teacher and the other students that bring it down) but otherwise I'm a pretty happy camper with the classes I have. Just thought I'd gloat.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I'll one-up ya, my friend:
AP US History: A
GT/AP English 11: A
H Physics: A
H College Algebra: A
H Trig: A
H Abnormal Psych: A
H Journalism II: A
:D

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Can somebody say GEEKS! ;) :D jk
Thi: Haha, you think thats bad? I get mine on my birthday! :eek: Happy birthday to me :frowning:
Anyways, this is what i think im gettin:
Acting - A
English - B
Geography - A
InfoTech - A
Mandarin - B
Math - A
Peer Helping - A

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Theater I: A
Language and Composition AP: B
Broadcast Journalism: A
Physics I: B
Spanish I: A
US History H: A
Oh, I'm the teenager on HTF who has a life. OH!
:D

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Screw you Chmiel, we both got 2 B's, i have a life!
Oh who am i kidding, no i dont :D
hey matt, At least i got a girl! OH! ;) (Long story, maybe ill tell u sometime ;))

Brenton

Screenwriter
Spanish: A+
Advanced CAD (Computer Aided Drafting): A
English 11: B
PC Support Advanced Projects: B

Say, what grade are you guys in? I'm a junior in high school.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Grade12.. i guess thats a senior in American-speak right? :D
I never understood thew hole 'junior, sophmore, freshman' thing... All i know is grade 8, 9, 10, 11, 12... Can somebody explain to me how this works?

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Jez, when I was in high school... we didn't have exams till January :eek:
My exams for college are next week (I only have 2 real exams and 1 open book [on the internet], yay! :D )

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
I never understood thew hole 'junior, sophmore, freshman' thing... All i know is grade 8, 9, 10, 11, 12... Can somebody explain to me how this works?
Like stated earlier 9th=freshman 10th=sophmore 11th=junior 12th=senior.
I'm not sure about the way other countries do it, but for the most part in the U.S., grades 1-8 are considered Elementary School. 9-12 are High School.
9th is the first year, so you're fresh to the scene.
10th is your second year, so you're wiser then a freshman. "Sophmore" roughly means "wise one". (same root as sophisticated)
In 11th, you're only Junior to a 12th grader. This is comparable to a Junior in a family.
And 12th graders are the highest classmen, hence they are seniors to all others.
At least that's the way I always thought of it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm a Junior, but I'm also in New Jersey. We don't have that many cool classes. The best is probably TV Production because our teacher used to work for Fox in NYC and gets us some really cool field trips.

For us, midterms are either essays or projects, not tests. It's crazy.

For the record, I'm ranked 20th in my class out of 286. Last year I was 16th, but because of some really stupid rules I'm not in Honors English or History, even though I should be; if I was in H English/History my ranking would be higher.

I was also recently invited to join the National Honor Society and am already in the World Language Honor Society. My teachers also like me.

And we might be geeks, but come on people, you're posting on the HOME THEATER FORUM.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
The funny thing is that I don't really work all that hard at my schoolwork. I do what I have to get done, but I ALWAYS wait till the last possible minute and it's very rare that I'll go the so-called "extra mile" for anything, yet I've gotten straight A's my first two years for final grades and am off to a pretty promising start in this, my junior year. Despite that, I have no chance of ever getting into NHS because I don't do shit outside of school, although I will probably get into Quill & Scroll, the publication equivalent of NHS. I don't know what my rank is cause I didn't feel like going to guidance last year to find out. Oh yeah, we get our rings next Saturday, but I'm not going to the dance because I'm a big loser with no girl to go with.:frowning:

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
this is actually one of my better report cards....i'm usually a solid B student with the occaisional C+....like in AP US last year...

any other seniors get into any colleges yet?

i'm in rutgers and drexel so far...

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, for all those who took AP US in other parts of the country, was it anything like this?
-Read a chapter of "A People and A Nation" a week, with tests every Monday
-Presidential outline every Friday
-DBQ and essay practice every week after Christmas

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
nah...more like an average of one DBQ and test a month...with about 50 IDs a week....it was a pretty laid back class....and i didn't really take it seriously...which shows with my 3 on the exam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks