What's new

Got my 50H81 today!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Perfect fit in the room, and what an amzing picture on DVD movies. thats all ive done so far (on my second movie.) yes i took it out of torch mode.thanks for the help you all have given

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
ace....been watching and just had to let it out that i finally got the set:D
I would really like to know a few things. Right at the moment i have the brightness at 55 (is 60 too much?) and the contrast at around 37. Is that good enough where i dont have to constantly worry about burn-in? I am almost paranoid. Lie for watching 4:3 (tv shows) how much is considered too much? videogames (x-box) whats classified as excessive play times? (says something along those lines in the maual)...i do want to be very careful, buut dont want to keep thinking i may be using it too long on the worng things.. thanks in advance.

John_P_R

Auditioning
with what I've read so far projection tv's don't really suffer from what is commonely known on Tube tv's as blooming so I don't believe you have to worry as much about burn in with projection tv's as you do with direct view. Also congradulations on the purchase hope you have the sound to compliment that big boy so you can enjoy your movies both audibly as well as visually :)

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Congratulations Andrew! I'm also getting a 50H81 and it's being delivered next Friday. I can't wait! Glad to hear you like yours so much.

Steve

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
John.. i have a yamaha dolby digital receiver. I have the 5 but not the .1 :D (no subwoofer).
I was amazed at how amazing training day looked. and it gets better after more time? not sure i understand why.. anone care to give me the scoop?
thanks in advance.

John_P_R

Auditioning
I believe that after your display has been calibrated your settings need time to really set in. That's what I think they mean by looks better with time

Jerry Wright

Agent
I've had mine two weeks now. My 100 hour break-in was done on the sixth day. During that time, on all sources (DVD, antenna for OTA, and satellite) I had contrast at 35, brightness at 40, and sharpness at 40. All I can say is we love it, especially the "TheaterWide 1" mode for 4:3 broadcasts. I agree with Ace, sit back and enjoy it. Don't get hung up like so many here and start tearing it apart and modifying everything on the set. If it looks great to you after an Avia calibration, thats all that matters. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks