What's new

Goodbye, Bin Laden! (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad they actually gunned his ass down, instead of a missile strike from a drone -- fucker actually had time to be afraid.
Yeah, that's pretty good. Although, I may have prefered it if we indeed did capture him. I realize that functionally speaking, he's not that relevant anymore, so we might not have gotten a ton out of him, but would have been nice to see him jailed for awhile and then hung (much like Saddam). Anyway a good day for America (and not just America, but any nation that has suffered from Islamic terrorism). Although I feel that soon, these feeling will devolve into a "Which side gets the credit?" game which will be a drag.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Gilbert Gottfried: I refuse to say anything that might seem insensitive about #Osama Bin Laden's death so let me say my thoughts & prayers are with Al-Qaeda
I did enjoy that one.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I actually enjoyed Micheal Moore's tweet:

"FOX News: Elderly Man on Dialysis Killed by Young African-American Male”

It is pretty funny.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Hiding behind a woman too. She's not an innocent bystander, but still, how can that be made into a positive for his twisted followers?

...I was very happy when I heard about that first thing this morning getting into the studio. I couldn't believe it at first. I played God Bless the USA for the occasion on my morning show. :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

I actually enjoyed Micheal Moore's tweet:

"FOX News: Elderly Man on Dialysis Killed by Young African-American Male”

It is pretty funny.
That's excellent! I'll have to post that over on RT. There's a 25+ pager going on this amazing story. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I had the TV on last week when the news was being reported, so I caught it live and saw the President's speech. Then watched a bit of the footage of celebrating students outside the White House and in NYC.

I was ambivalent. Satisfied with the death of OBL. But also filled with sadness over it not changing anything. A decade and trillion dollars later and he's dead. We've still lost the decade and the trillion dollars to ill-planned pursuits and still are burdened with our internal over-reactions and poor choices in certain aspects. Hopefully that's not too political. But while I have no concerns over the killing of OBL by the USA, under Presidential orders, I'm not swept up in the chanting of "USA! USA!".

Color me contrary :)

Originally Posted by Radioman970

Hiding behind a woman too.
Turns out that's not so. Bad info from the White House press guy in the early reporting.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i want tony scott or ridley scott to make a movie about obama and his death. ala black hawk down. "based on true story".

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
[SIZE= 12px]If you want a job done right...[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 12px]For 13 years, beginning with the U.S. embassy bombings in 1998, the CIA looked for Osama bin Laden. From 1998 to early 2011 there were three Directors of Central Intelligence in charge of the hunt: George Tenet, Porter Goss, and Michael Hayden - all WASPs. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]On April 28th 2011 President Obama appointed Leon Panetta, the son of Italian immigrants, as Director of Central intelligence. [/SIZE] [SIZE= 12px]WIthin three days Osama bin Laden had been located, killed and his body dumped at sea - in other words, he "sleeps with the fishes" [/SIZE] [SIZE= 12px]Coincidence? I don't think so. [/SIZE] [SIZE= 12px]Regards, [/SIZE] [SIZE= 12px]Joe[/SIZE] [SIZE= 12px]P.S.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px] [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]We have not been able to confirm reports that the SEALs gained entry to the compound disguised as pastry deliverymen, nor that their orders included the phrase, "Leave the helo, take the halwa."[/SIZE]

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Waking up this morning to the verbal recounting by the New Yorker writer (via NPR) was a little weird...

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
So from what i've read in the New-yorker article,he wasn't hiding behind a woman. But two ! bu-dum pshhhh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks