What's new

Good source for replacement cases? (1 Viewer)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I have a variety of different tv sets with defective cases in need of replacement. I've long dragged my feet with quite a few damaged sets that have sat for years, and finally went looking tonight. I discovered high prices and several styles of cases that I couldn't even locate.

One I'd need a couple of replacements for and failed to locate are what Shout Factory has used in recent years for their tv season sets. They're the cases that have dimensions similar to a single disc DVD case, usually with translucent plastic, but have hinged pages inside so as to accommodate 5-6 discs.

Another one I failed entirely to locate are these slimline cases like used to be common with tv season sets, usually also in clear plastic, that fit one or two discs to a case. The two disc versions especially seem fragile. A lot of my Adam-12 and I believe Emergency! sets came in these for instance with prongs that were snapped off or simply ineffective at securing the DVD right out of the shrinkwrap.

One that I actually found a replacement for but seems priced high is linked below. Is there a better source than this? It doesn't need to say 4k Ultra HD (A normal Blu-Ray case would suffice). It's for the Peanuts Holiday Collection, which I bought recently but discovered oil is seeping out of the plastic and getting on the playback surfaces of the discs (I'd clean it, but assume the cheap plastic will continue to outgas).

Is there a go-to site out there that people go to when they have cases that require replacement?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I use casetopia.com - their shipping can be a little pricey and they’re not the fastest but those minor complaints aside, they’ve got pretty much everything in terms of various configurations. I’ve used them a bunch because I’ve Frankenstein’d a lot of my collection (like if I’ve got the Blu-ray and DVD of the same movie and they each have unique content, I’ll try to get them into the same case).

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
There are (or at least, were when I bought them) some sellers on eBay who sell the 'good' cases (like the Viva Elites) for decent prices if you're willing to buy a quantity of them. Since I make custom cases, etc. that's what I did. Usually buy/bought single and double slimlines in quantities of 100 or 200.

If I'm searching for something specific (like 14mm 6-disc blu-ray cases), I always sort the results by lowest price (including shipping) and then keep an eye on the quantities. Usually, there are some instances where there's a very obvious break-through to where a higher quantity is at/about the same price as a much lower one (say, 20 cases vs 50, or 25 vs 10).

I used to order the slimlines (plus 'good' DVD-R blanks) from SuperMediaStore (now Linkyo). Always made sure I made a big enough order to qualify for free freight. The Linkyo cases are good quality. I think you probably have to buy them on Amazon now.

Altenburger

Auditioning
Real Name
Mekaehl Altenburger
Amrein said:
The shipping is pricey, but I use casetopia all the time. I bought their multi DVD cases and single Blu-ray cases for my discs + Scanavo cases for custom writing company audiobooks. What other cheap services do you use?

Using casetopia as well. Here's my full list of sources:

Goodwood eshop
Severin Films
Demco
Disc Makers
Vernon Library Supplies

Altenburger

Auditioning
Real Name
Mekaehl Altenburger
Does anyone have (by any chance) cover art dimensions for the Viva Elite 25mm spine 8 disc case? The case dimensions are 171.5mm x 136mm x 25mm, but I need the cover art dimensions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks