What's new

Good news! "Online Speaker Company Face-Off" coming up soon. (1 Viewer)

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
I am looking at level 3 y and 4 y sets from HTD and weighing those against Ascend.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Craig, I couldn't imagine being your son. It would be like growing up in Disneyworld. :)

BTW, Great signature over at AVS. :emoji_thumbsup:

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Jed... My son does love this stuff, especially for video games... and the AVS sig kinda fits over there...

Eric - Chris was pretty cool... this should be fun

Curtis - Thanks, I am really liking bookshelf speakers more every day... very few backaches from moving them...:emoji_thumbsup:

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
I am thrilled about this. HTD and Ascend are my two top considerations right now. Chris has been super cool and patient with me as well, via email and even phone.

Again, I know I probably could go either way and be very satisified, but I may as well wait until these reviews are done before making a purchase at this rate.

I'd like to see level 3 bookshelves and towers and level 4 bookshelves and towers compared against each other and against the Ascend CBM-170 and the new 340's.

That's what I'd love to see. :D

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Curtis, I actually have not had a martini since last October, but hey, if someone is making them, count me in...:)

Chris (from HTD) has seen this thread, so the more guys chiming in the more he will like it...

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
You may want to contact Brian Mitchell from Ecoustics as he is the one in charge of the Reviews. The whole project suffered some major blows that hampered its progress and as of right now I have no idea how everything is going.
Regards

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Heh, if I can scrounge the beans together, I wouldn't half mind making that trip... ;) Where you located, Craig?

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Eric,

I was just reading the HTD website. You can try a pair with no risk.....they will pay shipping both ways if you do not like them. Same deal with Aperion. Ascend will cost you some shipping.

You could really do your own little shootout with little risk.

I might have to check out some Level 4 bookshelves.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Eric - Curtis is correct, HTD and Aperion both cover shipping if you return the product... impressive.

You could try the Ascends, Level 4's, Aperions and spend less on shipping than the gas would be to drive a 500 mile round trip...:emoji_thumbsup:

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
I don't have a credit card with that kind of limit, chief. It's going to be one or two shots and that's it for me. I'd like to hit right on the first go if I am real lucky.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
It's all good. I know I could go either way and have no regrets. :)

With HTD, I could see myself splurging for the 4 y combo, but I'd probably stay with a level 2 or 3 sub, considering my room and all...

Micah Wells

Agent
For what it is worth, I have had a chance to deal with HTD recently. I was going to be in the Dallas area for a day, so I contacted HTD to see about auditioning the level three setup. Chris got right back with me, but they were going to be closed because they were moving their store to a new location. However, since I would only be in town on that day, he made sure that someone would be there for me and that they would have whatever I wanted to hear still hooked up. That is great CS, and carries a lot of weight with me. I was only in the market for bookshelves, but told him that I would like to hear the level 3 towers to compare. I am glad that I did. I was impressed by the bookshelves, very similar to the Titans that I had heard, but they did lack some of the lower-mids, and sounded a little restricted. However, the towers were awesome. Very detailed, good bass, and very good looking speakers. HTD's craftmanship seems to be very good. I will be purchasing them as soon as the bank account will allow (remember, I was only in the market for bookshelves.) I didn't hear the level 4's to compare, but I do know that they were out of my range anyways. Just my experience for those thinking about the HTD line.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
In the biggest fluke of modern age, I was poking around Wal mart of all places, looking at DVD's, and I struck up a chat with a gentleman...who owns HTD level 4 towers. So, we invites me back to his place, we demoed those pups for a few hours and I literally was speechless. I made the phone call right from his place and ordered myself the level 4 y set from HTD. Black.

WOW!

I have to give massive props to Chris at HTD. Email or phone, this guy has been the paragon of patience. I am sure I probably annoyed him with some of my newb questions and back and forthing on a few things, but, just really awesome customer service already. Great people!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks