What's new

Good Film Food (1 Viewer)

MichaelBA

Supporting Actor
The monstrous sandwich that Rodney Dangerfield makes toward the beginning of BACK TO SCHOOL always personally struck me as quite appetizing.

What are some other examples of GOOD film food?

[Objectively or subjectively, either way.]

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
The banquet in Babette’s Feast is just wonderful—both the food and wine.

The meal shared by Tom Jones and Molly in [/i]Tom Jones[/i]. Who would not relish oysters after that.

Also the food in The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover (excepting the final, main course).

The seduction of Fanny Brice by Nick Arnstein in the private room of an upscale restaurant in Funny Girl.

If you think from this that I connect good food and sex, you would be correct.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
That enormous roast from the end of The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover.

Ugh, Lew beat me to it!

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Er, some of the food in Tampopo.

Frankly, the automatic-made yam sausages described at the end, the raw egg, or the raw oysters just didn't do it for me. Actually, any of the food that the guy in the white suit was ranting about was kind of dodgy :D

Oh, dear. It just occurred to me, with The Cook, the Thief, his Wife, and her Lover, was the boy suprano a castratta? Given the nature of the Thief, it wouldn't be very surprising to me...

Leo

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I've never really found food in live action films to be particularly appitizing.

However, I find that food looks much better in animation. In particular, Hayao Miyazaki's films. Look at Howl's Moving Castle as a good example.

EDIT: I must say though that the food in the opening credits of Napoleon Dynamite looks good.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Having caught a bit of The Apartment in HD this afternoon, I'm always wondering if a tennis racket adds anything to the taste of pasta.

Sal's Famous Pizza in Do The Right Thing. It looks like the kind of thin crust pizza that's my favorite but Radio Raheem's right. Sal is a little skimpy with the mozarella.

Millie's breakfast spread in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
All of the amazing food served in Scorcese's THE AGE OF INNOCENCE.

The Wonka Whipple Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight in both versions of CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY.

The cakes that Rasputin is poisoned with in RASPUTIN AND THE EMPRESS.

The breakfast that Sidney Poiter eats when he is away from the nuns in THE LILIES OF THE FIELD.

And I agree that the sandwich Rodney eats in BACK TO SCHOOL looks great!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I remember some kind of dessert in the childhood years of Once Upon a Time in America.

~T

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
I wholeheartedly agree with the earlier mention of Big Night.

That tureen (I think it's called a tureen) both looked heavenly and an undeniable work of art. And all the dinner guests acted with such blissful contentment in the savouring of each luscious course! Yummy to the nth degree.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I wouldn't mind a couple of slices from Mystic Pizza, just to see what all the hub-bubs about. :D

Also, and yes I realize this is disgusting, but those 'Lamb Fries' in Funny Farm looked delicious! I take comfort in the knowledge that in reality they were most likely little meatballs or something and not really sheep balls

They did look good, though. :)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Juliette Binoche's confections in Chocolat
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Then there's Juliette, herself...:b

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Any of Tita's concoctions in Like Water For Chocolate.

And Jason beat me to it, but Big Night has to go at the top of any list of food movies. The big dinner was amazing, but just as appetizing was the simple omelet cooked up at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks