What's new

R.I.P. Bert I. Gordon at 100 yrs. old MR. BIG (1 Viewer)

JoeStemme

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph
R.I.P. Mr. B.I.G.. Bert I. Gordon was considered by many to be the oldest American Director still alive. He has passed at the ripe old age of 100.
Bert was a maverick Indie filmmaker before many even used the term. He made his mark with his low budget independent productions in all kinds of exploitable films such as THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN, BEGINNING OF THE END (giant grasshoppers), KING DINOSAUR, FOOD OF THE GODS, EMPIRE OF THE ANTS (with Joan Collins), NECROMANCY (starring Orson Welles) and for equality sake - ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE. He often did the SFX himself and operated the camera. A true jack of all cinema trades.
Amazingly Gordon kept working until his 90s with the little seen SECRETS OF A PSYCHOPATH. A good friend of mine worked as Gordon's assistant on his penultimate film, SATAN'S PRINCESS with Robert Forster. He had some interesting comments to make. I just informed him of his passing.
Nobody expected A List productions from Gordon, but, for generations of creature feature fans, he always provided 80-90 minutes of enjoybable B movies. The KING DINOSAUR episode of MST3K may be my favorite of all time.
All in good fun, MR. BIG!

Attachments

• BERTGORDON.jpg
    BERTGORDON.jpg
    900.4 KB · Views: 49

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
At least he became a centenarian before he passed on-- too many have fallen far short.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks