What's new

Good 33, 45, & 78 RPM turntable (1 Viewer)

James Reyes

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for a good inexpensive turntable to play 33's, 45's and 78's. I am building a vinyl collection and want to be able to play everything on one turntable. Also, what would be a good cartridge for these three speeds?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
James, I am no vinyl expert, but finding an inexpensive turntable that plays 78s could be difficult. I have a Sony PS-LX350H manual turntable that is good. It was only $200 from Crutchfield. It certainly isn't an all-world turntable, but it does the job. Unfortunately for you, it only plays 33s and 45s. I am using the stock cartridge, which is good enough for my purposes. Cartridge manufacturers that likely make something suitable for your needs include Grado, Shure, and Ortofon. Anyway, you might want to post your question on the vinyl message board on www.audioasylum.com . There are many knowledgable people there who should be able to help you. Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks