What's new

Gonna try a different route... will it work okay? (1 Viewer)

Kenny-

Auditioning
Okay, I've decided to make the move to HD Satellite from VOOM.

How will this setup work?

Connect Phillips DVP642 progressive scan DVD Player to JVC HD-ILA HD TV via Monster Cable Ultra THX 1000 Component video cables

Connect Phillips DVP642 to Kenwood Reciever via Monster Cable Ultra THX 1000 Optical cable

Connect VOOM HD reciever to JVC HDTV via DVI to HDMI cables

Connect VOOM HD reciever to Kenwood Reciever via Monster Cable Ultra THX 1000 Optical cable.

Now I have 2 questions...

1.Does the DVIA to HDMI cable provide SOUND and VIDEO or just Video?

2. Does the Kenwood Reciever need to be hooked to the TV in any way?

Kenny-

Auditioning
So after I looked over my setup.. it appears that I don't have any audio cables running to the HDTV. The component video cables don't provide sound as well do they? Would basic composite hookups from the DVD player and HD Sat. Reciever be okay to go to the TV or should I run composite audio cables from the Kenwood Reciever to the TV?

Basically I want to have the best sound from my TV along w/ my Home theater.

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
No component does not provide sound. I think you will have to run analog stereo out of your TV to your receiver. This is unless there is some digital out somewhere

Kenny-

Auditioning
I think that sets me straight.

I'll have top notch Picture with either my HD Satellite or my DVD player and I'll have the best possible sound through my Home theater w/ either the Sat. or DVD. However my TV audio will just be normal.

That works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks