What's new

Golden Girls on DVD (1 Viewer)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Hey everyone, my wife is a Golden Girls nut, although I do watch the show occasionally (i really like 80's sitcoms). She found a petition to get it realeased on DVD so I ask all you fellow home theater forumers to sign the petition if you want to see the golden girls on DVD in the future.
Heres the link for all you who care... lol
http://www.petitiononline.com/golden/petition.html

Jared M

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy season sets or a complete series release of Golden Girls in a heart beat. This show is so funny.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There's an article about the show in the new TV Guide magazine. They say it's the third most popular sitcom on cable among women 18-34.
Come on Disney, you've got a hit DVD set waiting to happen. Don't make me send Rose to your offices to tell St. Olaf stories! :D
Edited to reflect correct source.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
No, they also air those sappy "colon" movies (you know, Blah Blah Blah: The Blah Blah Story).
But GG gets better ratings. :D

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
The Golden Girls is a great show and ranks in my list of ten funniest TV shows of all time. It's sad that it's so underrated simply because the leads are 4 older women. I started watching it from time to time and found that not only was the writing unusually sharp but the cast meshed together perfectly. Few sitcoms ever age well but The Golden Girls has stayed remarkably fresh. Betty White was simply amazing, what a gifted comedienne!

I'm all for this show on DVD!

BBbrowd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
I've been hoping for the Golden Girls on DVD for a while now. Even though Lifetime airs them 7 times a day, the shows are edited. I have some of the original network airings on tape, and when I watch the same episodes on Lifetime, certain lines are chopped. Funny stuff too.

This Monday night at 7pm central, Lifetime will air a brand new 90 minute Golden Girls special with the actresses discussing the show and showing clips.

Thanks for the link to the petition.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It is too bad some of the punchlines and toppers are cut from these. Frequently while watching on Lifetime, I remember an episode from the original run and am anticipating a great line, and it's gone! :frowning:
There was an article on DVDFile that mentioned this title as a possibility for 2003. Haven't heard any more about it, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks