1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Gold Series

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cave Canem, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Cave Canem

Cave Canem Auditioning

Hello HTF people. I just found your forum last week and have most of my questions answered already. I only have one left.

I originally had a Monster 300 BASS cable for my woofer but took it back b/c I figured $40 for a cable was a little rediculous. So anyway after reading here I noticed a lot of you recommended cables from Radio shack so went to investigate. I ended up buying a basic 12' shielded cable for my woofer($3.99). Im not real up to speed on HT cableing so I asked the guy (probably bad huh?) if it would work and he told me sure. I was going to get the Gold series but opted for the cheaper cable since im already in the dog house with the wife for buying the woofer in the first place.

Is there that much difference in sound from the cheapo basic to the gold series?

Anyway, thanks in advance.

2. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    The audible differences between cables are a point of debate. The Gold series has better construction & grabs the connector more tightly. Listen to both and decide. Another option would be a coax cable... (you'd need RCA to f-type connector converters).

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

4. Rod Melotte

Rod Melotte Stunt Coordinator

According to the AVIA HT Setup disk, "millions of HT owners can use 16 guage eletrical cord for their speakers" - all the other "special cords are mostly hype and sold by snake oil salesmen.

5. Cave Canem

Cave Canem Auditioning

I was thinking that most of it was hype too. Thanks for the advice/info.