What's new

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (2024) (2 Viewers)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I think all the Godzilla films have been pretty average. But I will say that both the 4K, and 3D of Godzilla vs. Kong are reference quality. They are both amazing, so I tend to watch it more than the others for the superb quality.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
"Skull Island" had one thing going for it: John C. Reilly.

He gave that movie a massive boost.

It's still not a good film, but at least he added some heart and personality to it.
He was the best thing about the film. And the Kong visual effects. But the story and acting? Especially Brie Larson. Terrible imo.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I think all the Godzilla films have been pretty average. But I will say that both the 4K, and 3D of Godzilla vs. Kong are reference quality. They are both amazing, so I tend to watch it more than the others for the superb quality.

Agree. I reviewed the 4K when new and I just watched/reviewed the 3D the other day.

Both are great. I'd pick the 3D as my preference just because the 3D adds to the experience so much.

The 3D doesn't make the movie good but it makes it more enjoyable.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Tix on sale now

GIj7tUuXcAA0Asn

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just checked...every IMAX and Dolby seat is taken at our closest theater for preview night. All sold out. There's a 5pm Real 3D and a 10:30 Digital. I'll be checking in to see if anything pops open over the next few weeks...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just checked...every IMAX and Dolby seat is taken at our closest theater for preview night. All sold out. There's a 5pm Real 3D and a 10:30 Digital. I'll be checking in to see if anything pops open over the next few weeks...
Wow. I didn't think there was much excitement for this film.

Wonder if this is just a case of them not actually selling tix yet, and blocking out all the seats? Fandango is mentioned in that trailer as "tickets on sale now," but still has a "Notify Me" option up on their web site, no actual tix sales yet.

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Wow. I didn't think there was much excitement for this film.

Wonder if this is just a case of them not actually selling tix yet, and blocking out all the seats?
I didn't think so either. I'm guessing there's a glitch somewhere since every, farther away AMC has nothing sold out. Something is going on with my local one...

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Hmm... not quite sold on that trailer. To me what make a good Godzilla or Kong film effective is the juxtaposition of a supernatural monster and the real world. But this trailer appears to take place in some fantasy realm removed from humanity.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I asked AMC via email what the deal was with these showings...

These current showtimes are not sold out. It seems that this location has temporarily locked out these showings as they finalize bookings for advance screenings. I recommend checking back periodically throughout the week for the showtimes to become available for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks