What's new

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (2024) (2 Viewers)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Saw a trailer for this on TV last night and thought the Godzilla FX looked awful.

Not sure if it's related to some sort of plot device, but we seem to have gone from the lumbering giant in the 2014 movie to him now jumping around like a tiger.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Saw a trailer for this on TV last night and thought the Godzilla FX looked awful.

Not sure if it's related to some sort of plot device, but we seem to have gone from the lumbering giant in the 2014 movie to him now jumping around like a tiger.
I agree. The CGI/effects people need to watch Godzilla-1.0 or any of the recent Planet of the Apes movies to see what realistic, quality effects look like.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Posters seem to include the RealD 3D logo, so I'd say yes, if your theater wants to offer it.

1709324963730.png

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
This looks like a disaster. And I’m a huge fan of both characters. But I’ll still be there opening day in IMAX. 😎

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The cost of the marketing campaign alone is probably enough to sink this thing! :wacko:

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Hmm... at the right age I probably would have been all over this, but I feel strangely indifferent. But then I missed the last couple of movies, so probably I need to see them to get into the mood.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Hmm... at the right age I probably would have been all over this, but I feel strangely indifferent. But then I missed the last couple of movies, so probably I need to see them to get into the mood.

Honestly, you might be better off not seeing them first!

The 4 WB "monsterverse" - or whatever they call it - movies have been wholly uninspiring, IMO.

Not terrible, and with some good moments, but underwhelming.

So it might be better to go into this one without that baggage!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I would rank them

King Kong vs Godzilla
Godzilla
Godzilla King Of The Monsters
*Root Canal*
Kong Skull Island

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'd flip that list. I like Skull Island far more than any of the Godzilla-inclusive films. I wish they'd make another Kong solo film.

Though I don't recall much about KK vs. G. We actually started to watch it tonight as I thought I hadn't seen it yet, but the opening scenes seemed very familiar, so we ejected the disc and watched The Nun II instead. ;)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I would rank them

King Kong vs Godzilla
Godzilla
Godzilla King Of The Monsters
*Root Canal*
Kong Skull Island

"Skull Island" had one thing going for it: John C. Reilly.

He gave that movie a massive boost.

It's still not a good film, but at least he added some heart and personality to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks