What's new

Go On (NBC) season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A better episode last night. I still prefer all the sequences with the group members rather than anything going on back at the radio station. Love John Cho, but he's wasted here.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I finally watched a full episode and have the four previous ones to catch up on. Something about the final group stuff made me think of Community and Laura Benanti's character as a sort of 30-something Annie Edison.

It's fun to see Benanti play a comedic role after seeing her in L&O.

I haven't seen Tyler James Williams since his role in "Everybody Hates Chris" so it's a bit of a shock to hear how deep his voice is now.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I really like this show. It consistently entertains me and I find that it moves me at times as well.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I loved Lauren's description of the delicious Snickers candy bar. She really seems to like Snickers; "It tastes like love."

Oh, and Kit Kat lasgna? I'm am going to have to get that recipe. Haha!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
An enjoyable episode last night. Always love it when we spend the majority of time with the group members.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I loved Ryan's story about how he knew his wife was "the One". And the group leader says, "I'm sorry, I know that must be a tough story to tell," and Ryan just smiles and says, "it's my favorite story to tell." Matthew Perry does a great job of selling this idyllic marriage that we only know about after the fact; the loss may be tearing him up inside, but the memories bring him nothing but happiness.

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
I, too, loved Ryan telling Lauren how he knew Janie (or is it Janey?) was the one for him. Great visualization to be had with the dialogue, and you do get the sense it is the memories that keep Ryan going.
That said, the context of the scene - Lauren not sure she loves her boyfriend and the hug - I hope this show won't pair Ryan and Lauren up. I know it is a dramedy and things happen, but she is his quasi therapist and, to me, MP/LB just don't have that spark. Besides, Ryan *just* lost his wife.
I hope this show won't rush anything. Because, so far, it has been handling things terrifically and I'd hate to see that change.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
I'm a sucker for anything Matthew Perry does - Mr. Sunshine was good (to me) and I really like this show - I hope it keeps up in the ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks