What's new

Glow in the dark stars (1 Viewer)

GabrielleG

Stunt Coordinator
If you are literally talking about the glow in the dark stickers shaped like stars, I had those on my dorm ceiling when I was in college. They are simply stickers that glow brightly after the lights are turned off. The glow does fade after a while until the light is turned on again. There is a kit that you can buy that people use for HT purposes and I have heard that it works well. I think that one is more like a filament that is hung down through the ceiling and when the lights are turned off they look like the actual stars in the sky. I believe those kits cost at least 500 dollars.

Hope that helps,
Gabrielle

rodney wiley

Second Unit
I was referring to the actual glow in the dark stars. I have seen the fiber optic sets and they are a little to high for my budget. I have a flat black ceiling and wanted to spice it up a little and was considering these stars

MikeWh

Second Unit
I've used the peel-off stickers in my son's bedroom. They look pretty much like any other glow-in-the-dark sticker-- they glow intensely for about 10-15 minutes after the lights are off... then fade to nothing over the course of a half-hour. I haven't used them in the theater, since I rarely have the lights up full power for the "charging" process, and they don't last long enough for added ambiance. My guess is that the light from the screen would be too bright to actually see them anyways, so the "neat factor" would only occur during the 3 seconds between the lights going down and the lion roaring on my screen. :)

Ron Krebs

Auditioning
My cousin just had the Paint on type. They hired a company for I think about $350 US to come out and paint the exact constellation for the day that their son was born on the ceiling. Looks awesome and you can see it when you turn the lights out for about 5 minutes.

Ron

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Link Removed

If you have a black light you can put Woolite on the ceiling and it glows in the black light. Probably not what you want to do in your theater though.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
I remember stick on stars from way back when....I also remember it being a pain to get them all off without damaging the ceiling.

The Del Lighting stuff seems like a lot of money (I have no frame of refereance), but if I were doing an installation I would want to use stuff just like theirs. Looks very cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks