What's new

Elite Screens FT113UH-C5D (1 Viewer)

ng4ever

Agent
Real Name
Tim

Does anyone own this screen yet? How do you like it if so ?

Do you really think it is tab tension ?

Sorry again for asking. I can't decide if 113" is a lot smaller than 120" either ? :(

Is CineGrey 5D even good screen material? Is it only required when there is light in the room too or will it work in a completely dark room too ?

Thanks.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I don't own this screen but do have a good deal of experience with projector screens in general. I can offer the following.

• The screen does appear to be a proper "tab-tension" design.
  • I wouldn't consider 113" a serious compromise over 120"
  • The best screen material for you is heavily dependent on your environment. The grey aspect of this particular screen should give it better contrast and black level performance in rooms with some ambient light but it will come at the expense of overall brightness.

ng4ever

Agent
Real Name
Tim
I don't own this screen but do have a good deal of experience with projector screens in general. I can offer the following.

• The screen does appear to be a proper "tab-tension" design.
  • I wouldn't consider 113" a serious compromise over 120"
  • The best screen material for you is heavily dependent on your environment. The grey aspect of this particular screen should give it better contrast and black level performance in rooms with some ambient light but it will come at the expense of overall brightness.

Thank you.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Looking for some feedback on projector screens. I am building your home theater a new one. I wanted a projector screen that will acoustically handle the speakers behind it. A friend of mine has this specific screen. Please see the information of the screen below. The cost of the screen is around $700.

Elite Screens Spectrum, 125-inch Diag 16:9, Moiré-Free Electric Motorized Sound Transparent Perforated Weave 4K Ready Drop Down Projector Screen, ELECTRIC125H-AUHD

Appreciate any thoughts on the screen. Or please suggest any other good brand that provides the same features that is acoustic material. Also, the screen should be motorized. Thanks in advance.
I don't see any problems with the screen itself but question why you would want a pull-down version if there are speakers behind it. I'd personally also be a bit concerned with the screen remaining stationary during loud or bass-heavy film scenes, musical passages, etc.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Agree with John. I wouldn't put speakers behind a pull down screen....it's gonna move!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks