What's new

Glitch in Suede "Coming Up" album (1 Viewer)

Salvador

Second Unit
did anyone notice a 'pop' 3 seconds into the song "Saturday Night"??? At first i thought i ripped it from the CD wrong but i tested the original CD in my cd player and the pop was still there. I even downloaded the same track from the internet and the same pop is still there!

I already got rid of the pop through my software mp3 tools but its crazy that this CD has a defect.

Jason_H

Second Unit
I *think* I hear what you are talking about...but it is very subtle, and to me sounds like part of the recording. That is, it sounds like someone made the noise in the studio...tapped a guitar, tapped a drum or something. Not very distracting, IMO.

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
I have listened to this dozens of times and never noticed it before. I does have a little sound, like Jason says though not really distracting.

Jason_H

Second Unit
On a side note, isn't it a great album? :) Maybe doesn't have the depth and brilliance of Suede or Dog Man Star, but still fantastic in a totally different way. Much better than Head Music. By the way...the new album is to be titled "A New Morning" and is recorded and mixed. It will be released in September...let's hope they can return to form.

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
Yes it is a great album, although I love Head Music as well. In fact IMO they haven't made a bad one yet. My favorite song of theirs though is of all things a B side song: "Killing Of A Flash Boy".

I can't wait for their new one, I just hope they tour here in the states.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
A lot of Suede's best stuff is B-sides -- the B-sides compilation "Sci-Fi Lullabies" is a strong release and well worth getting if you don't already have a complete set of the 5,244 singles out there.

Head Music didn't hit me the same as the other three, though it had its moments. We'll see what the new record brings...

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks