What's new

Giant (1956) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

JoeBond

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joseph Myers
Sam Favate said:
I got my wife the blu-ray of Giant for Christmas last year. We just got around to watching it last night. I got the single disc edition, so I didn't expect all the extras that the digibook has. But this is inexcusable: On the back cover of the blu-ray, it lists the extras and lists 8 or more items that are not included! (They were on a separate disc in the other set as far as I can tell.) No trailers, no stills/documents gallery, no "George Stevens: Filmmaker's Journey," "Memories of Giant, and Return to Giant," no "New York Premiere TV Special, Hollywood Premiere Featurette and Behind the Camera Segments", and no "And More!"

The disc does contain the intro by George Stevens Jr., the commentary, and the documentary: George Stevens: Filmmakers Who Knew Him."

So how does something like this slip past Warner quality control? A host of extras listed on the package that aren't included?

We enjoyed the movie and it looks very nice in high def, albeit not perfect. There is one lone Amazon reviewer who mentioned the mistake in packaging, but you have to comb through 500+ reviews to see it.
I would return it to. I believe the DVD of Giant says its anamorphic on its artwork despite it actually being non-anamorphic.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Thanks, guys. I have contacted Warner Bros. about it. I'll wait a few days to see what I hear from them, and then try Amazon.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I have to tell you folks what an absolute class act Warner Bros. is. As I mentioned, I wrote to them and told them about the issue with the single-disc Giant blu-ray and how it listed numerous extras that weren't on the disc. They responded and asked for my address. Today, I received in the mail a brand-new deluxe three-disc set of Giant on blu-ray, at no cost to me. Here's a very public thank you to Warner Bros. Home Entertainment and Warner Bros. Customer Service!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks