What's new

Pre-Order A Christmas Story (1983) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91RkUC3D1XL._SL1500_.jpg

Best Buy preorder. Will post Amazon link when available.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
It would be very nice if they could beef up the extras. I think there’s a lot of potential stuff out there.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Amazon preorder added

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I am usually not a person that cares about extras, but the disc I currently own has a feature that discusses the Daisy air rifle factory that originally was located in my hometown of Plymouth, Michigan. My mother's uncle worked in the factory, and everyone in the family (including me) has a Daisy air rifle from that factory.

shazzerman

Agent
Real Name
Noel
Even though I have never (yet) set foot in America, this is one of my favourite seasonal films. Melinda Dillon has rarely received her due as an actress - she's a natural in front of the camera - and she is great here. Darren McGavin gives a fantastic comic performance as well (his interactions with that prize-winning le-, er, lamp has me in stitches every time!). Of course, a film of this kind will rely heavily on the talents of its younger cast - but nothing to worry about here, as Billingsley and Co. acquit themselves very well indeed. Most of all, though, my fondness for the film probably rests more on Shepherd's wonderful humour and his own delivery of the playful narration. Hard to credit that Black Christmas and A Christmas Story - two extremely different Yuletide offerings - were directed by the same man!

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Even though I have never (yet) set foot in America, this is one of my favourite seasonal films. Melinda Dillon has rarely received her due as an actress - she's a natural in front of the camera - and she is great here. Darren McGavin gives a fantastic comic performance as well (his interactions with that prize-winning le-, er, lamp has me in stitches every time!). Of course, a film of this kind will rely heavily on the talents of its younger cast - but nothing to worry about here, as Billingsley and Co. acquit themselves very well indeed. Most of all, though, my fondness for the film probably rests more on Shepherd's wonderful humour and his own delivery of the playful narration. Hard to credit that Black Christmas and A Christmas Story - two extremely different Yuletide offerings - were directed by the same man!
I think this is a film that became great through the editing. There’s really no single story, but it is assembled marvelously.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Now $9.99 at Amazon. Not being matched on GRUV as of this writing where it is currently $14.99.

Deal is back as of this writing. Price has been up and down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks