What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Getting married...need some assistance (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Devin U

Second Unit
when I got married, we registered at Target, and my wife had me pick out some stuff that I wanted, a PS2, some games and DVD's, and some camping stuff. Didnt get any of it, but have fun and pick some stuff you may actually want.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Michael, I'm not sure about Frys, but I know that Best Buy does have a registry. We kicked around the idea of registering there, but thought it would be too hokey.

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis

They do that in Spain too. When one of my colleagues (from Spain) got married and at the end of the ceremony he had around $10,000 in cash in his pockets !

Vincent

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson

It was India. I should have mentioned that there was no form of explanation for the "no boxed gifts" request in the invitation, simply one line that read, "We respectfully request no boxed gifts." An explanation would have been appreciated; with no background or frame of reference, the request struck me and others as being rather rude, considering the location of the wedding and the number of non-Indians involved in the wedding. Alas, an explanation was not forthcoming until after the wedding, much too late.

When in America...

Tim K

Second Unit
I got married in September and what we discovered was that about 1/2 the guests gave us cash. Especially our younger single friends. Cash is always good.

As for the registry, the hardest thing is to remember that you should register for the long haul. You don't want to just think about what you need NOW....you want to think of things you'll need in 5-10 years too. We don't even have a dining room table or china cabinet, but we made sure to register for fine china and silver. We won't touch it for 2-3 years, but its not something you want to go out and buy for yourselves. Also, we learned that older folks like parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and family friends like to give the traditional gifts like china and silver. Another thing we did was load up our registry with really nice bed linens and lots of bath towels. Most people would go out and buy themselves some OK sheets...but what a difference those high thread count sheets make! And those ultra soft towels feel nice after a shower.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcvbszdfzsfsa
Recent bookmarks