What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Get Fuzzy too funny! (1 Viewer)

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Love Get Fuzzy, and I am waiting for the day Poor Satchel puts the smack down on Bucky...

Love Mutts as well, especially like Patrick's support of local shelters.

An other one I got into is Wapsi Square

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
"Get Fuzzy" rocks. Bucky Katt is the best comic strip character since Calvin.

I especially like the storylines where he pursues his dream of eating a monkey. :laugh:

I've gotta go get some "Get Fuzzy" books.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
As much as I love "Get Fuzzy" it really seems to be jumping the shark this week. The strip was built on the humorous interaction of the three, but this week is like a boring monologue on the horrors of war. That is not "Get Fuzzy" at all.

Chris

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I wouldn't sat it's JTS, but yeah, bad judgment on Conley's part to jump on the political bandwagon. Hopefully he'll get it off his chest and get back to Bucky & Satchel soon.

Here's a weird parallel - in the Houston Chronicle comics section (which is where I read the funnies) "Get Fuzzy" is positioned right above "Doonesbury" - which is also running a "character wounded in Iraq" story this week.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Craig/Chris

It seems like this is something that happened to Darby, and this is his cathartic way of dealing with it. A lot of cartoonists build in personal tragedy to help ease the pain, and I don't blame him. This strip has made me consistantly laugh since i started reading it in the summer of 2002, so I will begrudge him a brief weak week.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
He did the same thing after the 9-11 attacks. It took months for the strip to recover (if he was that affected personally, perhaps he should have taken a hiatus).

Hopefully this is a momentary blip. "Get Fuzzy" isn't the sort of strip that does serious/political well. I mean, it features talking animals for pete's sake! :)

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
I too have been a bit unhappy with the direction that it has taken in recent days.

We have been so heavily bombarded with Iraq stuff from the media lately that I look to the comics as a quick getaway from all that.

I hope that things return to norm soon.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Darby has been on a roll lately. Satchel's letter writing is beyond funny.
"McDonald's burgers can't be bad for you. Look at the Hamburgler, he's fast"

:laugh:

Chris

Cam S

Screenwriter
Get Fuzzy has been my favorite strip now for almost 3 years, I just love it. Bucky cat has the funniest personality, and I agree, he totally makes the strip. My cat (pictured below) is sooo much like him.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I love Bucky Katt!:D I recently moved and found out that for some reason the SJ Mercury News doesn't carry Get Fuzzy. :frowning: Fortunately I found out that I could get it sent to me daily via email from comics.com. Yea!:emoji_thumbsup:

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

It's not inexplicable. He was once asked asked why he wears it: "It makes me feel pretty." :)

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks