What's new

George A. Romero's Land of the Dead Teaser Trailer Premiere This Week (1 Viewer)

Travis W.

Second Unit
I work at a theater and we just got our sheets of trailers we can program on the new movies. On the list for xXx 2: State of the Union is...Land of the Dead. Trailer runs 1:47 so I guess technically it's a teaser even though it comes out in June. JoBlo posted this news a few days ago but I can confirm it. With it premiering on xXx 2 it should be online fairly soon.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Looks sweet! I've been waiting for a new Romero Dead movie for a looooooong time. Finally, the master of the genre returns! :D

Edit: The official website is up as well, although there's not a lot there.

http://landofthedeadmovie.net/

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
Why on Earth did they have to put the Resident Evil music in that trailer? Oh well, it still looks sweet.

Travis W.

Second Unit
I thought it was rather ironic with the Resident Evil music, seeing as how Romero's return to the big screen was intended to be on that film. Great teaser trailer and I love how they play up Romero's name, gives the film a distiguished film...gotta live the Night footage at the beginning too :D.

Opening day, I'm there.

Matthew_Def

Stunt Coordinator
Well I think (or atleast hope), that had the trailer came out when originally planned it would have been a bit different. I don't think the music has been scored yet so they had to use something in its place.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Looking forward to this. It could just be the way the teaser is cut, but LOTD looks more action-oriented than the previous Dead films...

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just curious. Does anyone know how big the walled city is? And the last thing we need is organized, intelligent zombies. ;)

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
This trailer suffers from the same problem the Serenity Trailer did--it's selling me Romero, not the Zombie Movie that's coming out. Romero doesn't really NEED selling. Coulda handled that retrospective in 5 seconds tops, not 1:00. Woulda left us with more than random Zombie shots, might have actually let us in on some STORY ELEMENTS.

That said, my girl, upon seeing Romero's name, went "OH NICE" so it did work on that level. But she seemed less excited by the time the trailer ended, mostly because the trailer didn't really show her anything.

I'm still gonna see the movie, though. It's a Romero Zombie flick. This will be the first time I get to see one of those in a theater :)

Travis W.

Second Unit
I doubt if Romero's name will be played up so much in the final trailer. An interesting note the trailers in theaters, at least the ones we got, do not have footage from Dawn and Day in the opening seconds...it just shows more footage from Night but says Then came the Dawn, etc. I'm thinking maybe the rights didn't clear in time for them to make the trailer or something.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Haven't seen the trailer yet, but I'll try to get hold of it when I get home. Very much looking forward to the movie, though.

Guess I haven't been paying much attention lately, but what...Serenity...trailer? :eek:

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
If anyone has the excellent Day of the Dead DVD, you'll see that the teaser trailer also heavily hypes Romero's participation and the previous movies. It also doesn't show much from the film itself. So, in a way, this is just following in that tradition.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
I am just somewhat disappointed that Romero didn't film any of this in the Pittsburgh, PA area as he did with all of his other movies.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

The Romero angle seemed pretty appropriate here. They're trying to bring across that this is the "true" continuation of the series and had to put that in a context that simple saying "from the mind of George A. Romero" wouldn't do for most casual moviegoers.

I agree with you on the Serenity trailer though- I don't think the selling of Whedon was effective at all in that one.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know it was called a Teaser Trailer. especially since, as you said--it comes out in JUNE. a teaser one month before the movie opens isn't exactly a "Teaser."

And even so--a 2 minute teaser trailer that does nothing but show me clips of old movies for 1 minute of it's 1:47 time isn't an effective teaser.

Kill the condescension. I'm not an idiot.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
How do you figure it's not an effective teaser? It left you wanting more. Mission accomplished.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
That's the thing--for me, it didn't leave me wanting more. For my girl, she was less amped by the END of the trailer than she was at the beginning. That's the REVERSE of how a trailer should work ;)

This thing didn't increase at ALL my desire to see this flick. I'm going to see it, yes, but this trailer was a cipher, for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks