What's new

George A. Romero's Land of the Dead Teaser Trailer Premiere This Week (1 Viewer)

Travis W.

Second Unit

Consider the so called "condescension" killed.

Even if this trailer does turn out to be the final I think it's a good thing they're holding scenes back, anymore I feel like I've seen the whole movie already after watching some of these trailers. I'm dying to see the movie too but I can wait a month and a half.

I'm also curious to see what the poster is going to like for this one. I can't imagine this being a "big head" poster. The Dawn remake had a great poster so here's hoping it gets the right attention.

Travis W.

Second Unit
I'd be surprised if the poster doesn't appear next week. The trailer seems to be getting good responses, I was downstairs checking on Amityville Horror (I put the trailer on there too) and after it ran through I heard a few people and they sounded pretty excited about it. Interestingly enough, I heard a few of the teens say it was a sequel to Dawn of the Dead, but they might have been talking about the remake.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
They probably were. I honestly think that's why the trailer was cut as it was--to sort of play off Universal's earlier success with the Dawn remake.

To tell the truth, the trailer made me want to put in that remake and maybe Day of the Dead ;)

Mark Ram

Agent
Oh Yeah!
I'm a sucker for zombie flicks. Something about the dead mindlessly wandering towards people for the taste.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I just downloaded the HD trailer. I am excited. I was not too sure how his work would look today and I was very pleased with the look of the movie.

I have no problem with the use of his name and the history of the series in the trailer because most young audiences, sadly, don't know who he is. There have been several zombie movies the past few years and letting the youth know that the man who created the genre is putting out a new movie is fine with me.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

Romero had no choice. Although he wanted to film in Pittsburgh, it was the studio's decision to film in Canada since they're bankrolling the film. Supposedly the cost was considerably cheaper there. But the funny thing is (I forgot where I read this), it ended up costing them more anyway. lol. :laugh:

Adam Portrais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Portrais

Maybe for you but it seems to have worked for the rest of us. And you can't deny that just a few posts later you started talking about how this trailer made you want to see the others on DVD again. Ah-ha! So the teaser DID work!

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I've been waiting for Romero to do this film for 20 years, but now that it's taken so long I've got to wonder whether it can still be potent? After all, we've been through so many repetitive imitations and knock-off's...

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Wow, Beautiful people, Marilyn Manson music, a tank, and lots of machine guns. I think I already saw this trailer when it was for the movie Resident Evil: Apocalypse. The movie had better be nothing like that, or else I might be forced to slit my wrists so I can come back as a zombie and eat George Romero.

Matthew_Def

Stunt Coordinator
Yea I mean trailers have always been indicative of exactly how the movie is.

PS there is new media out there, which gives is a glimpse of Savini as a familiar character.

Matthew_Def

Stunt Coordinator
No Goblin, Reinhold Heil & Johnny Klimek, are doing the music and apparantly Romero is really liking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks